Whoops a daisy- Korean shows how to land a 777 (not)

This one was not a greaser !! Wonder if its the wind, or the bad piloting or both?

Isn’t there a saying like “any landing is a good landing”?

Yup
"any landing where you can walk away from is a good landing and if you can use the plane again its a bonus "

I think that used to be China Airlines motto. But looks like the Koreans are out to give em some competition.

To be honest, in this clip I think it was a sudden gust of wind just before touch down. Very dangerous.

I dont think it was the crews fault. Because at that stage theres not a whole lot one can do.

[quote=“tommy525”]To be honest, in this clip I think it was a sudden gust of wind just before touch down. Very dangerous.

I don’t think it was the crews fault. Because at that stage theres not a whole lot one can do.[/quote]
There are systems to detect and broadcast wind (including crosswind) conditions on the runway and at low altitude - AWOS and ATIS come to mind - but they won’t update fast enough and get the info to the pilot fast enough if it was a sudden change (AWOS can send wind by second and multi-second, but getting the info the a pilot takes longer). And there’s also the issue of wake turbulence - but I’m no pilot, I can’t tell from that clip whether it was WT or not. In any case, I don’t think there’s anything you can do about a sudden blast except hold on, don’t panic, and keep steady on the controls.

There is a reason why planes have the ‘seat belts on’ sign, during landings

[quote=“TwoTongues”][quote=“tommy525”]To be honest, in this clip I think it was a sudden gust of wind just before touch down. Very dangerous.

I don’t think it was the crews fault. Because at that stage theres not a whole lot one can do.[/quote]
There are systems to detect and broadcast wind (including crosswind) conditions on the runway and at low altitude - AWOS and ATIS come to mind - but they won’t update fast enough and get the info to the pilot fast enough if it was a sudden change (AWOS can send wind by second and multi-second, but getting the info the a pilot takes longer). And there’s also the issue of wake turbulence - but I’m no pilot, I can’t tell from that clip whether it was WT or not. In any case, I don’t think there’s anything you can do about a sudden blast except hold on, don’t panic, and keep steady on the controls.[/quote]

Winds can make it very hairy for landing indeed. The FedEx Md11 crash at Narita was one such.

Here is a big 747 being tossed around. Watch the wing flex so close to the ground.

He got it down safely in adverse conditions; looks like he did a fine job in dealing with what could have been a disaster.

Might have been blowing stink. Tyre smoke blows away to the left very rapidly.

I hate flying.