'Whore' slur in divorce case

You are right on the mark. Thank you for the primer on slang against the feminine gender. Also… you did not mention, but did imply, that if biaozi is translated into English, they might incorrectly say “whore” when what they really mean is “slut”. They never seem to get the distinction down properly.

NT$200,000??!! That’s all? I think the mimimum should be NT$1,000,000, especially for such insults.

I gotta get one of those hats

So am I to understand that contracting a loathsome yet curable disease ain’t enough? Damn, all that trouble for nothing. So I guess I will just have to say nasty things about the ancestors. BTW, desertion in bad faith? What is desertion in good faith? “Believe me honey, it’s better for the both of us?”

So let me get this straight, if someone repeatedly uses an offensive slur against me, I can sue them for several hundred thousand NT?

:smiling_imp:

Yeah, go ahead - call me “ado-ah!” one more time!

We might have enough takers to start the sign-up sheet :smiley:.

“FIRST”!!! :uhhuh:

[quote=“Quirky”][quote=“sandman”]Nice to see you back. But Alley’s right – what on earth is the newsworthiness or even discussion-worthiness of this little bit of typical Taiwan media salacious shite?
People, including foreigners, get divorced all the time, so I can only surmise therefore, that this is deemed newsworthy because it involves a blackie. Fucking racist fuckwads. But we already knew that, so what’s your point?[/quote]
What is racist about this?? He called her a whore. You think they made it up because he is (likely) black (there are certainly Nigerians of other racists)?[/quote]

It’s racist because they even reported it. Doubtless there are hundreds of thousands of Taiwanese wives being called “whores” or worse by their Taiwanese husbands every day, yet those altercations go unnoticed. And I’ll bet those divorce judges don’t let them divorce Taiwanese husbands based on the same complaint.

[quote=“aprimo”]
It’s racist because they even reported it. Doubtless there are hundreds of thousands of Taiwanese wives being called “whores” or worse by their Taiwanese husbands every day, yet those altercations go unnoticed. And I’ll bet those divorce judges don’t let them divorce Taiwanese husbands based on the same complaint.[/quote]

Now, if - in a Taiwan foreign marriage - the foregner could prove that slurs from the racist to the sexist was a pretty standard part of the vocabulary of the Taiwanese spouse, do you think the judge would care?

A small issue, but “slut” simply means a solvenly woman, not a “whore” which has sexual overtones.

Isn’t it strange how the Engish language has become so distended?

i think he was trying to say 'ho" and it came out “biao dz”.^^