Who's the sexiest CNN or news program presenter?

What about Miles O’Brien, science and space correspondent ?

I like Su Chi. IS she still on?

I’ve always had a thing for Wolf Blitzer, but it could be that I like to say his name.

Brooke Anderson’s pretty, too.

But I still think Zain Verjee is the most attractive woman anchor on CNN.

[quote]mod lang wrote:
Of course, I’m not exactly qualified to comment on the men.

Why not? Why “of course”? Just 'cause you are a macho, heterosexual, breeding male (I’m assuming from your comments) you want us to believe you are unable to comment on whether another guy is sexy? Or, are you unwilling, 'cause you are too afraid, if you do, someone may consider you to be a puffter?!?!? Get over yourself.! [/quote]
I’d say its you who should “get over yourself.” That’s a bunch of horseshit. As a “breeder” (quaint term, btw) who is totally at ease with his sexuality and who in any case doesn’t give a fiddler’s fart what other people think of him, I can state categorically that I have no way of telling which of those, or indeed any, men are sexy. They’re MEN, for fuck’s sake, therefore they are not sexy at all. End of story.
Some of them are good-looking, handsome even. Others have undoubtedly had a run-in with the fugly stick, but SEXY? Forgive me if my perception of the word is wrong, but I always assumed that “sexy” meant “sexually attractive.”

[quote=“sandman”]I’d say its you who should “get over yourself.” That’s a bunch of horseshit. As a “breeder” (quaint term, btw) who is totally at ease with his sexuality and who in any case doesn’t give a fiddler’s fart what other people think of him, I can state categorically that I have no way of telling which of those, or indeed any, men are sexy. They’re MEN, for fuck’s sake, therefore they are not sexy at all. End of story. [quote]

What the hell does, “They’re MEN, for fuck’s sake, therefore they are not sexy at all” mean? Are you men can’t be sexy – i.e., it is a physical impossibility? Or, that you, as a (straight) man are incapable of telling if they are? If it is the latter, then tell me why is it that (straight) women have no problem telling (and admitting) if another women is sexy? Are (straight) men less “advanced” in that respect?

Yes, the general connotation of sexy is sexually attractive. However, I think it really is broader than that. I still think you can tell if someone of the same sex (or opposite sex if you are a homosexual) is sexually attractive or could be sexually attractive to someone else. Again, if this is not true, then why is it that women can tell if another women is “sexy,” gay men can tell if a women is “sexy” (and have no problem admitting it), but (in your opinion) straight men do not have this ability?

If sexy is only about pure sexual attraction – i.e., I want to have wild, passionate, sweaty monkey sex with that man/woman – as you seem to believe, then why is it that others can determine sexiness in people they aren’t sexually attracted to, but you (straight me) can’t?

By the way, I never called mod lang (or anyone else) a “breeder” I said a macho, heterosexual, breeding male to emphasize your “straightness.”

Honestly, I have no idea about what makes a man handsome. I was never taught how to identify what makes a good looking man, aside from cartoons of Superman and James Bond. Most heterosexual men have no clue. When we try to identify who’s handsome and who’s ugly, we get it all wrong - we end up scratching our heads because this guy who looks so stereotypically ordinary or even ugly to us gets all the girls going, and yet this guy we look at as stereotypically handsome has the girls saying, “He’s…sorta cute.” We’re blind. I don’t know what makes for a pretty face when it comes to men, or a great ass, or whatever qualities women/gays look for in a man.

Why isn’t this is a problem with women? Because, QuietMountain, in our society women are held up as the ideal of beauty. Not men. Women are the ones obsessed with fashion and modeling and makeup and ‘looking good’ and therefore have spent their entire lives competing against other women in the beauty department. So from years of training and competition, they’ve developed a keen eye for the appearance of their fellow competitors. Because in our society (sorry, practically every society on this planet) women are judged primarily by their looks. Men aren’t. And since we’re lucky enough to not have to worry about our looks as much as women, we don’t notice or think about other men’s looks nearly as much.

[quote=“Alien”]I’ve always had a thing for Wolf Blitzer, but it could be that I like to say his name.

Brooke Anderson’s pretty, too.

But I still think Zain Verjee is the most attractive woman anchor on CNN.[/quote]

Brooke Anderson is pretty? I think she looks like some uptight sorority girl who needs a jolly rodgering up the back end.

That’s funny. Judging by Mr. Forehead.

I can’t find a picture of Feme Oke. She’s a cute weather girl.

By and large, many if not most of the women are gorgeous. None of the men appeal to me at all - if forced to choose from those posted so far, I’d pick Andrew Stevens, who at least looks vaguely normal. No wonder I don’t watch CNN more often :laughing:

Edited: I quite like the looks of this guy (Robin Oakley). Yeah, I have odd tastes in men…

Whaooo dudes, given the debate going on in here, for a minute I mistakenly thought I was in the IP forum… :laughing:

Well, to me the old adage is true – Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I’m not asking you to identify who the rest of society would find handsome, but who you think is (for whatever reasons). Even among those of us who like men, we have differing opinions. My bf’s taste in men does not always lean toward what I usually think of as “classically” handsome – i.e., those guys who most everyone would agree are handsome. I’m very thankful for that, otherwise he might not be dating me. :stuck_out_tongue: Does that mean his tastes is wrong? NO… it just means he has different taste. There is no right or wrong. If there was, some of us would never find a partner. :laughing:

You don’t have to agree with everyone else. The original poster was asking for opinions, not “facts.”

Point taken. Though, I think it is something that can (and possibly is being slowly) changed. Both to lessen the importance of looks for women and increase its importance for me. I’m not talking about “idealizing” men to the point that women have been (which I think is unhealthy). But, please… let’s start teaching men that taking care of themselves and looking your best does not mean you are gay or a sissy or whatever. Dirty, scruffy and smelly is not the way to go.

I apologize if I “got on your case” too much. However, I’m just tired of people who seem to think that being gay is a “bad” thing and, therefore, take every opportunity to “point out” that they are straight. You comment about “of course, I can’t tell which guy is sexy” (my paraphrase) just sounded like that.

Later I’ll give my opinions on the entire gamut of CNN anchors. However, I’m at work now and don’t have the freedom to “oogle” the pics.

I haven’t got a clue whether a man is sexy or not.

I always get it wrong whenver I point out a man who I think my female friends would find sexy. They always say incredulously “WHAT? HIM? Naaaah! He’s gross!”

Then they turn around and identify some bloke who I would have thought would be a total turn off, like George Clooney, for example.

Funny thing is that I have yet to read one of your posts where you don’t point out your homosexuality.

[quote]You don’t have to agree with everyone else. The original poster was asking for opinions, not “facts.”
[/quote]
There you go. Men are not sexy. None of them. Not one. Ever. YMMV. If you think that makes me a homophobe or a gay-basher, then I suggest you go away and have a damn good cry.

By the way, when have I ever once even implied that being gay is “bad?” FYI, other peoples’ sexual preferences (apart from paedophilia) do not even register on my moral compass – its a total non-issue.
If you want to find out why women can point out sexy women, why not ask a woman? Because I have no clue, nor do I necessarily believe its even true.
This must be one of the most inane conversations I’ve ever had.

[quote=“sandman”]There you go. Men are not sexy. None of them. Not one. Ever.[/quote]Not even Bassman ? I’m sure even he could make the the most loyal batter defect.

[quote]This must be one of the most inane conversations I’ve ever had.[/quote] :saywhat: I don’t think so

[quote=“Mr. Bloody Never Misses a Trick”]Quote:
This must be one of the most inane conversations I’ve ever had.
I don’t think so[/quote]
And I walked straight into that one! :raspberry:

Edited: I ranted in this and decided to remove it.

Mod’s please remove all of my previous entries in this thread, and any subsequent responses that resulted in them that you feel are not relevant to the original post. Throw them in the flounder forum, the flamers forum or just plain delete them. I don’t give a flying fig.

I’m tired of trying to explain myself. And, I’m tired of the misunderstandings that many of us, myself included, often have when we read and post on here. And, I’m tired of the bitching. Therefore, I’m taking a break. For now, I’ll only be posting for information as I try to find a new job and work out my visa issues.

Jonathan, aka quietmountain

:help: :help: :help: :help:

Time out!

Ladies, please! We don’t give a bugger who sleeps with whom. The question is which CNN presenter you want to shag (or bugger). :smiley:

[quote=“Closet Queen”]:help: :help: :help: :help:

Time out!

Ladies, please! We don’t give a bugger who sleeps with whom. The question is which CNN presenter you want to shag (or bugger). :smiley:[/quote]
Or be buggered by.

And lets be honest here, none of those plastic monstrosties pictured so far even come close to the unparallelled beauty of
Angela Rippon
or, (slobber) Anna Ford. [/img]

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Closet Queen”]:help: :help: :help: :help:

Time out!

Ladies, please! We don’t give a bugger who sleeps with whom. The question is which CNN presenter you want to shag (or bugger). :smiley:[/quote]
Or be buggered by.[/quote]

I’ll be buggered! The truth is out. Sandman is friend of Dorothy’s! :laughing: