Who's watching the Stanley Cup playoffs this morning?

Well it is not looking so good so far today. Tampa Bay is up 1-0.

Any other Penguins fans out there.

3-0 after 1. Told ya the Bolts would come out charging in Game 2. I have no vested in interest in either team, for the record. I figure this series goes 7 games.

Trying to watch Chicago/ Vancouver, CBC online, using Witopia. Not as stable as it was on Thursday; the CHUM1040 iPhone app keeps crashing on me.

Stupid other people trying to do the same thing I’m doing, making it harder. :slight_smile:

Go Canucks!

A lot of dead feeds out there today, but this one is working: tykestv.info/index.html
If you want to see the last 5 minutes.

Another Canucks win, but that third period was stressful!

The internet connection was fine once it actually “locked in”, or whatever the term is. The first five minutes played “staggered” (play… pause and resume at that point… pause again…), and when I eventually reset it at “my” five-minute mark it was now 10 minutes in, and the Canucks were up 1-0. After that it was smooth until it died at the beginning of the second; then I missed the goal at the start of the second period as well. Oh well - still happy to be able to watch playoff hockey for the first time in years.

So are there any places in Taipei open at 10am to watch these games? My wife is great company, but for the spouse of a Canadian, she’s appallingly hockey-ignorant. (“So which team is Canada again?” “Hey, he hit him! Can you do that?!”)

Not that I’m that good at watching games anymore either; it’s been a while!

Is it me or are there are a lot more online streams being shut down during playoffs? It’s like the NHL didn’t care about the regular season but now that they playoffs are here, they want you to buy their Center Ice package (I assume they are the ones behind this). I find the Veetle streams to be the best quality for me, but in the third period it seemed they all started getting shut down.

+1 about the spouse comments. Worst is trying to explain offsides.

“Why do they have that rule?”
“Ummm, they just do.”

[quote=“Adam_CLO”]Is it me or are there are a lot more online streams being shut down during playoffs? It’s like the NHL didn’t care about the regular season but now that they playoffs are here, they want you to buy their Center Ice package (I assume they are the ones behind this). I find the Veetle streams to be the best quality for me, but in the third period it seemed they all started getting shut down.

+1 about the spouse comments. Worst is trying to explain offsides. “Why do they have that rule?” “Ummm, they just do.”[/quote]

Well they are pirate streams. Many organizations are now getting them to remove the copywrited content they are re-breaodcasting without permission.

Try explaining cricket to your spouse NHL is easy by comparison

I did. “It’s just like baseball, but with 2 bases.”

[quote=“lostinasia”]Another Canucks win, but that third period was stressful!

The internet connection was fine once it actually “locked in”, or whatever the term is. The first five minutes played “staggered” (play… pause and resume at that point… pause again…), and when I eventually reset it at “my” five-minute mark it was now 10 minutes in, and the Canucks were up 1-0. After that it was smooth until it died at the beginning of the second; then I missed the goal at the start of the second period as well. Oh well - still happy to be able to watch playoff hockey for the first time in years.

So are there any places in Taipei open at 10am to watch these games? My wife is great company, but for the spouse of a Canadian, she’s appallingly hockey-ignorant. (“So which team is Canada again?” “Hey, he hit him! Can you do that?!”)

Not that I’m that good at watching games anymore either; it’s been a while![/quote]

You should have come over to my place I have it in HD from a few sources. Or why don’t you get ASN which has live NHL or the NHL channel on Dish HD

I do occasionally think about it, but the only sports I care about enough to watch are FIFA World Cup (and that only when it’s time-zone appropriate - no 2AM games for me, unless England or Canada [ha!] is playing), and Vancouver Canucks playoff hockey. I’m just not enough of a sports fan to get something like ASN.

I do occasionally think about it, but the only sports I care about enough to watch are FIFA World Cup (and that only when it’s time-zone appropriate - no 2AM games for me, unless England or Canada [ha!] is playing), and Vancouver Canucks playoff hockey. I’m just not enough of a sports fan to get something like ASN.[/quote]

Just enough to look for pirate streams though lol///// Why not pay for the nhl.com it’s not expensive.

Yeah, it’s a bummer that it’s so difficult to get the games on tv here. GO SHARKS!!!

Not seeing the current game on TV. Should be on right about now.

On TV? Were you expecting to? That would be nice. I don’t think there’s been any hockey on TV here since ASN died.

Idle curiosity that may become more important later in the playoffs: is there a convenient way in Taiwan yet to just pay a few bucks and watch a game on my computer / tablet? Or do I have to dig around in VPNs or NHL subscriptions or whatever else?

Or heck, is there even a convenient free streaming service?

That works.

Yeah, I think it’s $30 for the playoffs.

1 Like

Try: https://nhl66.ir/