Why are Asian babies so cute?

All babies are cute

1 Like

No, they aren’t. They’re little parasites who scream and shit all the time.

1 Like

They’re a lot cuter than cats.

At least cats shit in a litter box, and only scream when they’re really hungry. And kittens don’t look like anaemic toads.

3 Likes

Those look like mole rats.

Newborn baby pandas look a bit like naked mole rats.

Maybe that’s what older pandas look like too and they’re just wearing black and white cute suits

1 Like

general rule: species that have hair/fur/feathers in adulthood but are born or hatch bare…ugly. birds hatched without fuzz, ugly as anything. birds with fuzz, cutest thing on Facebook. pinky mice, nope. fuzzy mice, absolutely.

rule does not apply to things with exoskeletons, scales etc :slight_smile: I agree Asian babies are ugly as fuck at birth. as are all human babies, including my own. it takes serious amounts of brain powered love to push through that reality. and we are luckily programmed to deal with that. it is no wonder so many species just say fuck it and leave their babies to fend for themselves.

test the theory in Google images.

2 Likes

I imagine this is due to you being 1/2 Asian. We’re wired to identify with babies that look like us, I also imagine because we once had to separate what we could eat and what we could not eat.

I love my neighbor’s baby. When we walk together, the wife and she walk and I push the carriage. The whole time, I’m trying to make eye contact with the baby. It’s wild. Every time she smiles at me, I get less inclined to devour her and more inclined to protect her from bears.

4 Likes

in canada, we are wired differently. I was always called a China baby by family and friends when I was born. the white folks where I grew up spend extra energy complimenting babies not of their race. I like to tell said friends of parents now, no, taiwan baby, dont be a tool. fun times, especially with moms friends from China.

1 Like

In Taiwan, most people would consider Caucasian babies to be extremely cute. Since the compliment many elderly people will give about a baby is that they look like a 洋娃娃. Sure that word can mean a doll, but it literally means a foreign baby.

Got a couple of friends living in the US with half Taiwanese and half Caucasian babies, and they are indeed pretty darn cute.

When my second child was born, there was a row of sweet Taiwanese babies (with hair!) all cuddly and yawning cutely- and one big red squalling bald-headed lump with a rash on his cheeks squalling angrily: that was mine.

3 Likes

Mine is pretty bald too, but at least I don’t have to worry about how to dry her hair.

2 Likes

ok, no issues :rofl:

:laughing:

Or covered in snot. Ewww :nauseated_face:

In Taiwan, I was considered a “white baby” but in the U.S, I would’ve been considered an Asian baby since I did look very Asian. (I say “would’ve” because I didn’t move to the U.S. until I was 2)

All human babies are universally horrific. I think it’s to stop us from eating them.

4 Likes

Never stopped the Chinese people from eating babies for medicinal purposes

There’s also the baby eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

1 Like

Baby shit doesn’t smell bad to the parents. Evolution is incredible.

There’s that love hormone, I forget its name, that goes off the scale with fathers after birth. It’s to stop us killing the kid.

1 Like