Why are Taiwan's trucks blue?

Please elaborate :shock:

Did you go all the way and do it tanked on whisby and binlang?

…and accelerate through red lights on tight corners!

I asked this same question of my boss the other day. He told me he didn’t think there is a law and said that’s just the way it is (real Taiwanese answer and looked at me with the 'you sure ask some dumb questions ’ look )
…however I’m fairly sure that it is some type of law , especially as they all have large white number painted onto the blue background and they are almost all the same size. They don’t seem to carry advertising either.

Off topic but I’ve been crossing the road a few times this week and the seconds on the green man have been counting down from 30 or 20 and they just disappear and the red man comes on and I’m legging it across the road , anyone else notice that some of the traffic lights in Taipei are totally screwed (this is where the guy in Pingtung pipes in- at least you have traffic lights)?

Actually, I had the same feeling about the crossing at XinYi & JianGuo Sth Rd. It seems the clock is counting in nanoseconds…

In the case of the little green leprechaun disappearing from the screen, maybe it’s a case of traffic poklice controlling the nearby signal box?

I think that blue trucks are dangerous… I am borrowing one next weekend so I can get a few tonnes of dirt into my back garden/future barbecue pad.

I asked the blue truck question of a local when I first noticed the uniformity. To me it seemed an analogy frowned on in my classrooms and most artist circles. It goes like this, if you see someone has good results with a product or service, copy it. The local said if you are perceived as different you won

[quote=“KE6JOI”]I asked the blue truck question of a local when I first noticed the uniformity. To me it seemed an analogy frowned on in my classrooms and most artist circles. It goes like this, if you see someone has good results with a product or service, copy it. The local said if you are perceived as different you won

Hmm, of course it is blue…duh…oh…er…I donno…
Aren’t the model T all blacks?
Hey, not long ago computers are all beige. for more than ten years why didn’t any one raise the question. Perhaps because such color has been used exclusively and is part of what identifies a computer computer?
Why are suspention bridges red? Huh…my guess is because everyone of them are copy cats of the original…you know how Taiwnese are.

–“real” Taiwanese

Umm The Golden Gate is Orange, not red. It was originally painted that to resemble the golden color of the sun, since that passage was called the “Golden Gate” before the bridge was built in the 1940’s.

Why are trucks blue in Taiwan?

Why are taxis yellow?

Why don’t you ask Aunt Iris?
http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=48642&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Why are Taiwan’s trucks blue?

Because the sky never is.

Before 1991, taxis in Taiwan were any color.

It makes them float better.

According to auntie Iris the trucks are blue because it is the perfect contrast to the Red Bin lan juice.

Taxis are obviously yellow because of the TV program Taxi, where all the taxis are yellow.

Is that the end of this thread then?

Why do trucks in Taiwan have the license plate number painted on them in large letters?

Blue trucks are blue because they come out of the factory that way because blue is the cheapest paint. If they came out of the factory covered in shrink wrap clear plastic with “Eversuper! Life trendy fashion!” stickers on they would all be covered in shrink wrap clear plastic with “Eversuper! Life trendy fashion!” stickers on apart from holes for the doors.

Taxis are yellow because (as pointed out before) American taxis on the telly are yellow. Quite a sensible colour for taxis really.

Next question: Why do all cars in Taiwan now have horrible sticky vinyl seat covers? Whose bloody idea was that?

Because the little regular sized plate very easily gets so filthy as to be illegible, which makes the truck invisible to speed-trap cameras. All goods vehicles are required to have the big numbers on them, except for trailer units.