Why are the taiwanese news so slow?

This morning, Aug 11, 11 AM, on the Taipei Times main page:

Hello? Its been gone for 30 hours here.

And this (just released):

Official count is above 100 since early this morning.

Those are two big newspapers here. Online news (such as Yahoo Taiwan) aren’t any better.

I noticed reading the news in the afternoon is the best (if you want to read what happend in the morning or yesterday), on those pages… I wonder why they can’t manage to have a 24 hour service while having so many “24 hour news channels”.

[quote=“engerim”]This morning, Aug 11, 11 AM, on the Taipei Times main page:

Hello? Its been gone for 30 hours here.
[/quote]
I didn’t notice any typhoon…

Well, first of all those “journalists” have to read the Chinese newspapers, get someone to translate the stories for them, get someone else to edit them into something approaching English . . .

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Well, first of all those “journalists” have to read the Chinese newspapers, get someone to translate the stories for them, get someone else to edit them into something approaching English . . .

HG[/quote]

Sorry, even the chinese versions of those websites ones are utterly slow in updates (you can see it best in Yahoo who updates the news according to all the agencys like CNA).

The ones that are are reasonable up to date:

bcc.com.tw/ (Taiwanese)

epochtimes.com/ (not in Taiwan I believe)

[quote=“engerim”]
I noticed reading the news in the afternoon is the best (if you want to read what happend in the morning or yesterday), on those pages… I wonder why they can’t manage to have a 24 hour service while having so many “24 hour news channels”.[/quote]

I’ve noticed that the Taipei Times usually only posts their news on the website at about lunchtime. I think this is so as to not cut into sales of their print edition, which is probably where they earn most of their money. This causes a delay in the news being posted, but I can live with that if it’s free. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Because they are fucking stupid…?

Just a suggestion…

Because they don’t really give a shit?