[quote=“Loretta”]It could be that when you finally get fed up of your current prospects and figure that you have nothing to lose by placing an ad at f.com, in the hope of attracting that different clientelle, it’s bloody impossible to do so.
I’ve just spent 20 minutes typing an ad.
Clicked on submit to be told that my credit balance was insufficient.
Sure, it costs 0 credits to place an ad, but I obviously had the wrong kind of zero in the bank.
I clicked the link provided to see what happens, and got taken to the ‘give us your credit card details’ page, so I tried to go back and look for other options. It didn’t keep the data I had keyed in, so I was back to square one and gave up in disgust.
People use tealit because it’s easy to use.[/quote]
I am sorry that you went through all this trouble, when I could have warned you about this bug.
Here is fair warning for those who are new to the Forumosafieds - which works(!), but is still a work in progress
If you have NEVER posted an add on the Forumosafieds website before…
- Go to www.forumosafieds.com
- Click on SUBMIT NEW AD (upper right corner)
- Login using the same Forumosa ID and your password you used to log in over here
- Click on “I want to submit a new ad”
- Use the drop down list to choose a random category (yep, I said random)
- See the error message that says “[color=red]Your credit balance is insufficient[/color]” and laugh the laugh of someone who knows better
- Click on SUBMIT NEW AD again (you are right, this sounds silly, but please… just do it)
- NOW, carefully select the category you want to post in - in your case, one of the 3 Buy and Sell categories
Everything should work normally from then on
Indeed, from this point forward, you will not need to worry about the Credit Balance error message again… at least until we get around to actually starting to charge for Teaching Ads (we only plan to ever charge for Teaching ads - but even these are free now)
If you encounter problems, please post them in this Feedback forum, or email me at admin @ forumosa
To date, the software we are using for the Forumosafieds is the most versatile one to date. It was critical that we used software that accepts Forumosa IDs as logins, and equally important that we could integrate its listings in the forums and print them out relatively easily for our upcoming print edition.
Unfortunately, it has its bugs, including this first-time login hiccup, which is obviously related to the Membership integration feature.
Please do bring these annoyances to our attention and we will try to fix them (or offer workaround solutions) as soon as we can