Why are you here? why not go home?

Seriously, folks, I’ve asked myself that question about why I’m still in Shanghai as opposed to Taiwan, but now I want to ask you guys…

Why are you living in Taiwan? Isn’t it about time to go back to your “passported” country? I love Taiwan. I wouldn’t mind living there forever. But I wonder why most of us live overseas and don’t go back home… My home is in the states (but I’m Taiwanese American) but I still prefer Taiwan. There’s better jobs, standards of living, and better air at home but I just can’t figure it out. I just want to go back to Taiwan!!

WHY?? WHY??

Why are you all still living there?!

Because I like it here.

What do you mean “about time”? Some of us have been here over 10 years, some for less than 10 months, and some for any length in between.

Because we’re all completely mad in the head. :laughing:

[quote]Why are you all still living there?!
[/quote]

I’m too lazy to move.

Sometimes the emotional things are just not explainable… it just is.
:wink:

I need to complete my Hello Kitty magnet collection. :loco:

There’s no Mr Brown coffee back home.

If I eat chicken’s feet back home, they’ll think I’m wierd.

I am still searching for the alluring but elusive nancywu…

Cuz life is simpler here. That said though, I am heading back home to the states. It’s more complicated there, but it’s still home.

P.S. I’ll be thinking of all the Texans here in TW come next year when I’m eating crawfish on my newspaper-covered table. I’ve made do with rock crabs, but ain’t the same. :slight_smile:

Why does there have to be a why? Can’t we just all be here without having to explain why?

I can’t go home until the mothership returns.

Because in Taiwan, I may look like a foreigner, but back home I feel like one more and more every year! Like the old song by the Vapors, with a little twist: "I’m turning Taiwanese I think I’m turning Taiwanese I really think so. Turning Taiwanese I think I’m turning Taiwanese I really think so :wink:

Not until I get this blue flip-flop wife-beater wearin’ binlang chewin’ knees in tha breeze ‘scooter ridin’ thing perfected…

I’m married. :wall:

Because … ssshhh (don’t tell anyone) … I’m the MOST WANTED!

oyeah … I’m afraid of flying … came here by bike … and they stole it …

Well, when they asked me at CKS airport what my reason was for coming to Taiwan,
I told them this and that seemed to satisfy them.

And now when they see me coming back from a trip I get this from them. So I guess its all good here.

[quote=“Chun Li”] Why are you living in Taiwan? Isn’t it about time to go back to your “passported” country? I love Taiwan. I
Why are you all still living there?![/quote]

Well seeing as Taiwan is now my passported country I guess I got no reason to leave :smiley: :smiley: