Why Bassman Returns

Ok, so Bassman stormed out of Forumosa swearing never to return again. Never say never. Now, after a brief spell on the sidelines he will return. Yes, return to the boards, and having learnt something by this experience, would like to share it with you all.

• If you walk away from Forumosa, things will not get better. Actually, if you are a good poster, the idiot to intelligent poster ratio will swing in favor of those that were making the place uncomfortable.

• Online communications leaves too much room for misunderstanding. I guess it sometimes takes the humanity out of communication.

• Not everyone is a pillock.

• Yes, there are some problems. Yes, there are somethings that need to change. I do stand by my feelings about the atmosphere here. It must be the refugees from Tealit.

• Bassman has a contribution to make and can make it better as “Bassman” rather than another poster that less people will listen to because of a small number of posts.

• Bassman will focus more on things that are important and less on trivial matters. There is no point in getting involved with the trolls. If there isn’t any thread that is worthwhile posting in, Bassman will probably start one.

In short, this community has been a great place and a great support for me for a long time. Forumosa has helped me both professionally and personally.

Time to give something back

Therefore… the return

You left?

:smiley:

Go straight to Parenting Forum…do not pass go. :slight_smile:

[quote=“jdsmith”]You left?[/quote]Right
:smiley:

[quote=“Bassman”]…Now, after a brief spell on the sidelines he will return…[/quote]Welcome back :sunglasses:

Nice to see you again. Welcome back.

… but your “I’m leaving and don’t try to stop me” thread hasn’t died yet. :laughing:
Just admit you’re addicted. First step to recovery and all that. :smiley:

Glad you’re back! Lets hope that some of the others, mentioning no names and I include those that are just not posting, follow suit… :smiley:

[quote=“hsiadogah”]… but your “I’m leaving and don’t try to stop me” thread hasn’t died yet. :laughing:
Just admit you’re addicted. First step to recovery and all that. :smiley:[/quote]

The whole point is…

leaving doesn’t achieve anything, besides the act of leaving.

[quote=“Bassman”]
The whole point is…

leaving doesn’t achieve anything, besides the act of leaving.[/quote]And that is undo-able, so no harm done. :wink:

Welcome back! I’m glad you’re still here. :slight_smile:

Feels better to be back, don’t it? TaiwanHo, as nice as it is, is a ghost town.

I worried about wasting such an awesome avitar. :blush:

oh, and I hadn’t posted pictures of my son yet.

Yes, and thank you.

It’s good to log on today and read your post Sir. :thumbsup:

bobepine

Shows some fortitude to return. Use these guys all at once to clear things up in future.

:laughing: :smiley: :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :bravo: :blush: :raspberry: :fume: :wink: :noway: :smiling_imp: :frowning: :s :help: :stuck_out_tongue: :notworthy: :rainbow: :loco: :blush: :laughing: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :angel: :braveheart: :scooby: :scooby: :exclamation: :exclamation: :happybiker: :newbie: :pray: :snore: :upyours: :wall: :saywhat:

People who refer to themselves in the third person should be shot. No trial, no jury, just shot. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Mr. Ah-Bian and Bassman please step forward. Any other candidates?

[quote=“moomoojuice”]People who refer to themselves in the third person should be shot. No trial, no jury, just shot. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Mr. Ah-Bian and Bassman please step forward. Any other candidates?[/quote]

CSB was already shot. Good thing they already solved that case, otherwise you might be a prime suspect.

[quote=“moomoojuice”]People who refer to themselves in the third person should be shot. No trial, no jury, just shot. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

:laughing:

It’s one of those things where if you like the person then it’s oh so cuuuuute and possibly cool (if they can pull it off), but if you don’t, then it’s annoying as hell and you just want to :taz:

Hey, Bassman,

I don’t know Bassman from a saxman. He was before my time. Would I like him if I knew him? Is he adorable and cuddly and pure, or is he grumpy and mean and unsightly?

I’d just go with rootin, shootin and electocutin but leave the first one out.

[quote=“tash”][quote=“moomoojuice”]People who refer to themselves in the third person should be shot. No trial, no jury, just shot. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

:laughing:

It’s one of those things where if you like the person then it’s oh so cuuuuute and possibly cool (if they can pull it off), but if you don’t, then it’s annoying as hell and you just want to :taz:

Hey, Bassman,

I don’t know Bassman from a saxman. He was before my time. Would I like him if I knew him? Is he adorable and cuddly and pure, or is he grumpy and mean and unsightly?[/quote]

I’m not grumpy, mean, or unsightly.

People who call themselves moomoojuice should be hooked up to a milking machine.

OR

Tied down and have a hungry calf have a shot at finding some milk.

He can’t play a sax either, so that’s yet another area in which we differ.