Why can't Mr. Dogs run his business here?

Exactly Off topic, but the mods are totally fascist here. I wasn’t allowed to sell China Airlines points because the mods felt like they needed to enforce China Airlines’ rules about it. Why do they care so much?

China Airlines rules were not in question; Taiwanese law was.

As a principle in our site rules, we don’t allow people to promote illegal activities.

It’s just that simple. We’ll consider individual cases on their individual merits, but the general principle is not going to change. If you find this “fascist”, this may not be the right place for you.

4 Likes

Is it against the ROC’s law? I don’t think so. It’s corporate by-laws. That’s it.

As I told you at the time, the best information I had suggested it is. You didn’t seem interested in discussing it at the time beyond asking me “why I care” if I recall.

1 Like

Is it? The burden of proof lies on you.

Show me specifically where it the ROC law it prohibits it.

I took a closer look and I agree with you. Sorry, mistaken assumption on my part I think. I undeleted and bumped the ad.

3 Likes

Wow.

haha! thanks! although I already sold them so you can delete (that) thread, but let’s keep this one open.

Next gripe: someone deleted my post where I talked about companies paying the minimum to get an ARC here, and the rest in a tax-friendly jurisdiction like HK or SG. That post also got vanished – even though the setup is quite common.

Do you have a link to it?

The burden of proof lies on you.

Does it now? We take precautionary measures when suspect something’s wrong. We’re not a court.

Next gripe: someone deleted my post where I talked about companies paying the minimum to get an ARC here, and the rest in a tax-friendly jurisdiction like HK or SG. That post also got vanished – even though the setup is quite common.

I removed part of a post because (the way it was worded) it sounded like incitement to commit tax evasion. As I told you at the time, if you can make a reasonable argument in support of the scheme’s legality (i.e. that it’s tax avoidance, not tax evasion), by all means go ahead.

“All my friends do it ergo it’s legal” doesn’t meet my standards.

3 Likes

Jeeezzzuusssss.

Legal, illegal, or gray area there’s a big difference between doing that, or offering as a company/accountant to set it up for you, and openly discussing it.

If you want to discuss it, keep it civil please.

I took a look, and it wasn’t a question of discussion IMO. Direct suggestions that people take steps which would violate the law are clearly against our posted rule.

What you wrote before was basically if you follow the rules 100% you’re getting ripped off because nobody does that, so do this instead. If you can cite a source to back up a tax avoidance scheme’s legality, we would all love to know. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s also true.

Does your landlord give you a rental receipt?

I once had a :wall: type conversation with a tax official about it, but my landlords were no trouble at all.

Discussion on whether or not Taiwan, in this day and age, is (or should be) part of the untamed, lawless “Wild East” is welcome. :slight_smile:

Sorry to interrupt

… “Wild East” is welcome

Random, shameless plug:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 Like

One pertinent question in this discussion…has Forumosa ever had legal issues arising from posted information or even posted opinions? I can’t recall any but then my memory’s not what is was. :grandpa:

There have been inquiries over the years. And Forumosans have made requests regarding access to posts. But I don’t recall anything getting too serious.

1 Like