Why did my topic get locked/temped?

Original Title: why is it so…

Why is it i ask a perfectly legitimate question - ie, why do people think TW girls are good looking, and the subject gets locked?

OK - so the topic may have been discussed to death by some people but not everyone here as seen it discussed to death. I dare say they there are many “newbies” here who have not seen it discussed before. I thought this was a dynamic place where new people come and go. If it was a place full of oldies only then i understand but I’m sure there are people here who have not seen such a topic and have a vested interest in it.

Also, i did not get a chance to reply to some fool saying that my post was inarticulate. So what, I’ve had a bottle of wine and a few beers before i posted that legitimate question. People still got the message and it still reads ok to me so who are you to say that my message was not articulate. You sound like the American who once yelled at me when i was giving a public lecture and they said that they “couldn’t understand my accent”.

My thoughts.

g

Because it’s a stupid question. Stupidity gets temped. Sorry, but this is a forum for grown-ups. Topics like “Why are Taiwanese girls so hot” or “Why are western women so arrogant” will get temped in a hurry.

If you have something a little pithier to say, we’re all ears.

g - a point to the wise: posting drunk, not so smrt.
Entertaining, in a roadside attraction kind of way, but…

Why not run a SEARCH for the existing topic and post at the tail end of it? Had you done so and added meaningful content (as opposed to, say, pointless gravedigging by repeating the question which started the thread), I doubt your posts would end up in the gutter. :wink:

Q: Why did my topic get locked/temped?

A: It always boils down to this. The Topic/Thread either had too much, or not enough PIMP!

[quote=“Maoman”]Because it’s a stupid question. Stupidity gets temped. Sorry, but this is a forum for grown-ups. Topics like “Why are Taiwanese girls so hot” or “Why are western women so arrogant” will get temped in a hurry.

If you have something a little pithier to say, we’re all ears.[/quote]

Very arrogant response. Total arrogance.

[quote=“bobepine”]Admin,

You are ignoring my above post. What you did here is nothing short of sabotaging this thread. There are a few things I am concerned about lately. I think when I get around to it, I’ll post a polite feedback thread to sum it all up.[/quote]
Sorry, when you wrote that you didn’t care that much, I took you at your word. I’ll take another look tonight.

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“bobepine”]Admin,

You are ignoring my above post. What you did here is nothing short of sabotaging this thread. There are a few things I am concerned about lately. I think when I get around to it, I’ll post a polite feedback thread to sum it all up.[/quote]
Sorry, when you wrote that you didn’t care that much, I took you at your word. I’ll take another look tonight.[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Sounds just like a bunch of crying to me. It got temped. Who cares? It’s like crying and calling people names because they voiced their opinions about, I don’t, let’s say, taxes. Aaying things like “I’m tired of your shit. Bark, bark, bark.” Who gives a flying fuck and gets all irritated about some words someone has?

Big deal. Get over it.

I think this thread should be temped. Whether it is or not, I don’t care.

Wow, you’re tough!!

Yes. Yes, I am. I’m a rock. Must be the avatar.

Threatening people over the internet is a good way to build up muscle strength.

I didn’t threaten anyone. I haven’t even called anyone any names. Nor have I told or wished anyone to do anything harmful to themselves.

Just to be on topic, crying and complaining about trivial things like threads being temped is not altogether soul cleansing. Nor does it attract a lot of respect. Not that the latter is entirely important.

I don’t think anyone has been threatened though. That’s just stupid.

Yes. And I stand by that. I’m not irritated and I still don’t care.