Why do I dislike Islam?

18% is pretty scary. If you think that’s acceptable the problem is people like you who are not radical but don’t do shit about it. I place more blame on you because it sounds like you know better.

2 Likes

This thread is getting juicy.

With so many replies in such a short time I think it’s a clear indication that this subject is one of the ultimate ‘elephants in the room’ in the modern world.

:popcorn:

4 Likes

No, it 100% isn’t. It is verbatim the word of God.

1 Like

Hums, you seem to know more about this than me, is the Quran open to interpretation as Whatevah believes?

Lol, yes we are. The wording does matter when talking about sensitive stuff like this. And yes I do totally agree that Islam is making harder for them to adopt modern values.

I’m not prejudiced ,I just know the reality of Islam.

The whole religion is based on prejudice against others !

3 Likes

Look at countries with Islamic government , shariah law.

Shit holes all, some papered over with oil money that’s all.

1 Like

Come on hums, help me out here. If Whatevah were to argue in an Islamic country that the Quran is “so vague and contradictory that you can pretty much make any conclusion you like from it” would Whatevah be OK in terms of freedom of speech?

It is, whether he/she admits it or not is irelevant. Why do you think there are so many schools of thought in Islam? It also does not talk about the punishments and everyday stuff and most of these stuff are derived from hearsay they call “sunnat” which is anything anyone has quoted from the prophet.
Also there are many contradictions in koran which they kinda justify but its still up to the reader to decided which one they want to believe.

The sole purpose of “ayyatollahs” is to interpret qoran and choose which “revayat” (the hearsay stuff) is real and which ones are made up. Seriously I’m not even joking look it up.
Edit: also to formulate new laws, based on core beliefs, for stuff where islam has not said anything about.

@Brianjones holds nothing back when it comes to Islam lol.

Why bend over backwards in the defense of Islam? I really don’t get it.

Well in reality can a non Muslim live a free life in a Muslim country ?

Can a Muslim be free to express their true feelings and thoughts in a Muslim country ?

How many Islamic countries are adding to world peace and prosperity ? How many without oil are stable and prosperous ?

I don’t know why we need to have a argument about the nature of Islam when some of us would have been jailed or much much worse in many Muslim countries saying the things we said.

It’s seems pretty clear to me.

2 Likes

Can I interpret it?

We would be hunted down and stabbed to death in Bangladesh .

India.
Pakistan .
Bangladesh.

I know which one is making progress and which two aren’t.

And I don’t get your obsession for saying it is the source of all evil. I’m not defending Islam but I don’t think a dialogue, or anything good for that matter, will come out of full on berating a population of 1.2 billion with vastly different ethnicities, languages and cultures.

Well when people are screaming allah ahkbar shooting at civilians in Paris, running into tourist in Barcelona, stabbings in London, bombs their own countries and flying planes into my fellow Americans and human beings just going to work in New York. What should I blame?

1 Like

They are mostly busy bombing and shooting EACH OTHER up never mind Christians and Westerner.

Sunnis hate Shia.
Shia hate Sunni.
Persians and the Arabs.
Arabs hate Jews.
Arabs destroying remaining ancient Christian communities in the Middle East.
Taliban blowing up everybody in Afghanistan.

Religion of peace.

1 Like

3 Likes