Why do I dislike Islam?

Yep massive hypocrisy.

1 Like

when did I call you racist? I just said your comment is racist. And I was convinced that it is not racist but discriminatory. It is true, Iā€™m ignoring the human rights problems in Islamic countries here, because I intended to be arguing on your claim that Islamic world makes no contribution to other world, or @NachoPRā€™s claim that they never integrate, but when did I defend that aspect in Islamic countries?

This is, I think, unique to discussions about Islam. Debates about other religions donā€™t descend into accusations (from all sides) of racism. Itā€™s weird how Islam is the only religion that has managed to get completely tied up with race.

I have no idea why you would argue that position when you yourself had to google to find 3 noble peace prize winners when I gave you 2 centuries with a current population of 1.8 billion people spanning over 50 countries with a Muslim majority. You canā€™t even think of it off the top of your head.

Honestly, can you name more Muslim terrorists and terrorists organizations and extremists than Muslim musicians, scientists, artists, or whatever field you can think of.

because Taiwan is an ultra nationalist system where immigration is tough. Immigrants have their positions picked (English teachers, laborers, maids, etc), but no military, no high rankings, not on welfare, etc
Any citizen muslim is irrelevant because theyre almost nonexistent.

Thereā€™s a minuscule few hui Muslims that were high up in the KMT army. Then thereā€™s the maids. Then scattering of guys that have married into Taiwanā€¦Turkish ice creams sellersā€¦Carpet sellersā€¦Restaurant ownersā€¦Electronics dealersā€¦Jewellery dealers.

in one muslim out of 1000 non muslims the muslim will criticize you back at home and his kids will hate you. in 100 muslims out of 1000 you are screwed.

when did it become 3?

Anyway, I think it is funny that a national of a country that is supported by many people from Muslim countries says they make no contribution and their jobs can be replaced by anyone.

Yes, a basic intro to economics class will explain why. Explain to me why they canā€™t be replaced?

I think @hums included them, because they are not non-existent.

why does taiwan need them?

As soon as Muslim in an Islamic country declares he or she is not a Muslim they start the hacking, lynching, whipping, screaming, fining, jailing and killing.

How anybody can make excuses for this culture I donā€™t know.

Itā€™s totally fucked.

1 Like

Taiwan doesnā€™t need Workers that are Muslim. Them doing unskilled labor have nothing to do with them being Muslim. They just happened to be Muslim. Other non Muslim workers can do it. Actually anyone can do it, they might not want to due to wages.

:rofl:

You forgot snake charmers

if nobody wants to do it, it cannot be replaced.

you may not like it, but it is a fact that one third of foreigners on ARCs in Taiwan are people from Muslim countries.

If nobody wants to do it at the current market wage when thereā€™s a demand to be filled. Market wages will rise until someone will do it.

Never said I donā€™t like it. Youā€™re bringing this up as proof of contribution when Iā€™m holding contributions to the world to a high standard like sending people into space, vaccines, maybe even a musical band that changed music??

In economics terms, there is a supply-demand mismatch: there is a job to be done, and none are available locally to do it. Mind you, in economics the supply/demand curves do not make a distinction between shortages due to technology, lifestyle preferences, skills etc. It only speaks of shortage at a given price. So whether there are people who technically CAN but WONT, there still is a shortage and a need to be fulfilled. Whoever does the job has fulfilled a need.

Immigration legislation is a hammer taken to the fine workings of a market when the government realises the market is not solving the problem on its own. Governments typically dont particularly enjoy proceasing immigration paperwork. They are typically the least-effort dudes. If you see them accepting migrants, they know the market is not working.

With everyone bristling like this, I was thinking we could turn this into an ā€œeverything is niceā€ thread.

I could startā€¦echo chambers are niceā€¦verrry nice.

if you want to know here are Muslims who went to space. But,his it such a big contribution?

Ok, Iā€™ll give you theseā€¦All aboard American and Russian space crafts and programs lol. 1.8 billion of the current population, so about a quarter of the world population and we have to reach real deep to find some names huh. Only Muslim country to have a space program is I believe Iran. But they havenā€™t sent anyone into space and was only set up from the Soviets.

And yes, I would say space exploration is a sign of the country doing well. It can very well be the future of mankind. Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty important.

Iā€™m sure there are plenty of great minds who happen to be Muslims. But they arenā€™t going far in many Muslim countries when the Koran trumps science.

2 Likes

Good article on why the Islamic world turned itā€™s back on reason and science in the 13th century

4 Likes