Why do I dislike Islam?

I agree, but I don’t think Islam is so.

I don’t think Islam is encouraging marriage with girls. Many Islamic countries set the age for marriage as high as other countries. That is people who use Islam to excuse to allow it.

For me, Christianity and Islam are essentially same as a religion, though they are essentially different for many people.

I agree that the fraction of radical followers of Islam is larger than other major religions, though that doesn’t mean Muslims cannot integrate. Radical followers of any religions hardly, if not cannot, integrate.

If Islam’s last and final prophet

1. Took a child bride
  2. Was a warlord
  3. Rules territory

Maybe it would cause some of the problems that I mentioned?

And if 2 religions are basically the same, it would seem logical they would provide at least very similar results. Unless you want to say Muslims are innately prone to some of the things I mentioned? I don’t believe that for one second so I therefore blame it on Islam.

You can compare by splitting them into whatever groups. Predominantly Christian countries, non Muslim countries, atheists countries, Buddhist, daoist. Pretty much Muslim countries would rate lower on how well people are doing like science, human rights, industries.

Why can’t we just all sit down with our wives , over a cold beer and Bacon sandwich, and discuss this rationally ?

That sign is so stupid to the point that I can’t believe it’s not been photoshopped. Nah, you’re going to have to up your game.

Tis but a Meme, the message highlighting the hypocrisy of those who claim that Islam is the Religion of Peace, whilst it proves on a daily basis it is not. Many Muslims are intimidated//indoctrinated to the point of not attempting to change or question the Rules ( or interpretations ). Intolerance to the point of Murder is not challenged much .
Many other Religions and Extremists in the World but this ideology is by far the largest number involved in Murder Worldwide.) Either by numbers of incidents or by percentage of followers.) The West has a large part to play in facilitating the rise of resentment, but that argument is causation .

Total div that I am, I missed the blindingly obvious fact that Israeli foreign policy and Jews are often equated. I apologise for that oversight.

I find it interesting, in terms of my original post, that I did this. It does suggest Islamophobia on my part.

A meme, when presented pictorially, needs to be real. Otherwise we enter Stalin territory.

Lots of people protest against Islam on occasion–that’s where the sign is from I’m sure.

I’ve no idea. I’ve searched whether it’s real or not and have come up with nothing. It’s so stupid that I would guess it’s from an anti-Islamist.

Are you trying to say something about anti-Islamists? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anti Islam includes me. I still won’t post misleading images or lie, though.

I dunno. If you could be beheaded for a cartoon or a book or myriad other “crimes”, why not that?

Interesting article. please have a look.

Who beheads who?

Islamic extremists behead people.

1 Like

But again we’re entering into a discussion about extremism. That exists in all beliefs, more so within Islam IMO, but that’s a small part of my dislike of Islam. The religion itself is the issue.

I agree with you there, but I’m pointing out that the meme may not be as stupid as it seems. Clearly it’s referring to extremist actions.

Maybe you’re right that we should have a thread more focused on issues concerning Islam as a religion/ideology. It’s hard to keep the two things separate, but we could give it a go.

As , also I try not to. Seems pretty clear that many Followers interpret this literally. Now I think that many texts can be taken out of context…and the same with the Bible , but the major difference is that I am not seeing many Christians wiping out villages with a sword, on a daily basislike ISIL or Boko Haram and many others. The texts must be interpreted in a more reasonable manner by the 15% or so who take them literally.
Quran 8:12 which says, “When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.”

But should be focussing on this
The fanatics should stop and learn from their own teachers and from their own Quran where it is written, “Indeed, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression.” (Quran 16:91)

I agree with that, but the picture needs to real (not just real in that it is, but also in that it was made by people who owned it).

I agree in part but
“The radicals are estimated to be between 15 to 25 percent, according to all intelligence services around the world,” she said, in part, when asked by an American University head-scarf wearing law student about waging an ideological war with Muslims. “You’re looking at 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization,” Gabriel added.
However , cut that number by 50% and it’s too many radical believers.

1 Like