Why do I dislike Islam?

I don’t think anyone disputes that Islam as practiced today have some bad sides, but in general(in Europe and USA) you are more likely to be injured in a terrorist arrack commited by a non-Muslim than by a Muslim.

Although this thread is about Islam, I get the feeling that many have the misconception that Islamic terrorism is somehow more common(in USA and Europe) than home grown terrorism

Islam as practiced today ? As opposed to when it started out?

You don’t think it’s Islamic terrorism to sentence somebody to death for ‘blasphemy’ ? They they killed the governor that said ‘hey wait a second we don’t want to do this…’.

This proved very popular amongst regular Muslims in Pakistan.

Denouncing Islam in Europe is not really an issue. Doing it in a Islamic country is of course a whole other ball game.

Andrew was discussing Islam in the context of wtc, Barcelona, other western locations so I just meant to say in Europe and USA Islam is not really an issue comparatively

It’s the same f%$king ballgame.

No it’s not. Denouncing islam in Saudi Arabia is not the same as doing it in Lithuania

Once they get the numbers up, game over. It’s their ball game and not yours. Next it’ll be your head.

What do you mean ?

I mean you become a second class citizen and question Islam in any form …Chop chop.

Not sure if we are discussing the same thing.

In Europe and USA you have far more to worry about other forms of terrorism than Islamic, irrespective of if you denounce Islam or not(although this might lead to some nuts harassing you just as denouncing gays might)

Now, if you lived in in the Middle East it’s a different situation.

If you denounce Islam, even in Europe, it can easily be chop chop.
Not the same for people who are anti homosexual.
In fact all you have to do is draw some cartoons and you will be on the hitlist.

1 Like

Unless you’re a cartoonist. In Paris, for example. Or a novelist in London.

3 Likes

Did you guys hear about the Egyptian mob that executed an Italian for blasphemy?

Should I wait for a punchline or google it :slight_smile: Was this in 400AD or something perhaps? Not uncommon type of event then

You’re only off by about 4.5 centuries. The guy killed a cat. :cat: :skull: :rage:

Historians speculate that while cat worship was a factor in the incident, it was probably caused more by the socio-politico-economic situation than by the theological differences between Roman and Egyptian paganism.

Cat worship is an evil ideology!

Ha, that’s always the story.

It’s one thing to insult cat worship from the relative safety of the Gouverneur’s palace. It’s another thing to do it in the presence of a member of the Feline Yuan… :no_no:

The Sinicisation in China is only happening because the Uyghurs have a separatist movement. If they were good party members like Hui Muslims, they would be left alone. I don’t think the CCP gives a toss about religion. In fact, the CCP uses the Hui Muslims to suppress the Uyghurs.

There was an incident in Thailand where they did I believe. It wasn’t the Erawan bombing was it? Or maybe something else

I can think of at least two incidents there (not counting the reasons why they built the shrine in the first place). The more recent incident, a bombing, was said by the Thai authorities to have a connection to the situation in China, but it’s hard to believe anything the authorities say in a country where the head of government has (merely) a 99% approval rating.

There was one where it seemed they had pretty solid evidence against some Uyghur guys. But point taken