Why do I dislike Islam?

With her hijab, she looks like some of the nuns at various schools I went to.
Lindsey Lohan now has a new BMFF.

The question was whether the 10 C’s are binding, not whether they’re obligatory for the concept of Christian salvation, and Wesley said quite clearly that they’re binding.

If a head of state brags about how he can pardon anyone for anything, including himself, that’s not the same as saying the law is no longer in force. (Or is it the same thing? :ponder:)

Anyway, Anglicans and Presbyterians are traditionally identified as Protestant. I’m sure there are some here, so they’re welcome to comment. :slight_smile:

I do wonder which denominations pass your Protestant Purity test.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Is there a set amount of off topic replies after which threads are split?

roger or francis?

PS. You may appreciate this fine bit of reportage:

Wtf, I’ve met so many people from north Africa back in Europe, but none of them used to do that, hahaha

Historically not true in church history. not part of the reformation and other reasons why they were until much later when it was just easier to group them in.

Bad analogy. Protestantism is mostly in line with the concept of by grace of god alone, big reason why they separated why the Catholics which operate on by works. President doesn’t get pardened by a concept like grace.

How badly do you want this lol. First you said mosaic laws. I said nope, but look at what some said about the 10 Cs!

In 2010 I was commuting into and out of Norfolk, Virginia, USA, while working as a civilian for a vendor to the US Navy, which has a massive footprint around Naval Station Norfolk.

It was a long-term project. Over time it became impossible to overstate how popular this was in SE Virginia, where at the time it seemed like at least 80% of all residents were working for DoD, in one way or another. At least among active military, and at that time, this was huge. Every garage, every Saturday night.

Ok it’s 2018, and I could be wrong 
 but I can’t say that I disagree much with this song’s lyrics today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pfh111X_UA

Was liking it until the cheesy solo. What’s it supposed to mean? Could have a number of interpretations :slight_smile:

Maybe you had to be there. The lyrics are not profound, but ~to me~ they still make sense. The sentiment is very real, or was in 2010.

Burn It Down

Five Finger Death Punch

You think you know me
You don’t know shit
I’ve seen the world through your eyes
And it makes me sick
I question all of your answers
They’re fuckin’ lies
I won’t conform to your system
I’d rather die
I burn it down

Just to watch it go
I burn it down
So everybody knows
I burn it down
Just to see it torched
I burn it down
I hate it to the core

Think you’re a martyr?
Not hard to see
You wanna rule the fuckin’ world?
You gotta get through me
Your iron fist will be broken
No soul to sell
You think I’ll burn for my actions
See you in hell
Burn it down

I do it for myself
I burn it down
For me and no one else
I burn it down
Just to watch it go
I burn it down
I hate you fuckin’ all

(I wouldn’t object to splitting the thread if this continues.)

There are Anglicans who object to the term Protestant for various reasons, but when given the choice being Protestant and Catholic, it’s a no-brainer, hence their usual inclusion in lists of Protestant denominations.

I’m still wondering, who does qualify as Protestant in your eyes? Not Anglicans, not Presby-fricking-terians, not the “tiny [unknown] percentage” of evangelicals who subscribe to dominion theology, not Methodists
 unless they agree with you? Why does it matter anyway? Is it because non-Protestant theology is irrelevant to Christianity, because only Protestants (and only the ones who agree with you) are true Christians?

:wall:

That wasn’t the point, but since you insist, a presidential pardon is given by the supreme executive authority, the head of state, for whatever reason said authority deems fit, with only non-binding advice from the DOJ. Analogize that.

The 10 C’s are Mosaic law. Not the totality, of course, but the kernel of it. Unless your next revelation is going to be that Moses didn’t bring the tablets down from the mountain or something
 :popcorn:

Probably because they don;t have extensive knowledge about church history, categorizing them as protestant is the easy answer. If you go by any denomination that protests against the catholic church yes, if you understand the complexity of their history, no
well at least not until most of their calvinist reform happened.

Thats not comparable to the concept of grace in the the protestant solas. Better theologians have thought deeply about it.

I really would like to know who’s Protestant to you and why it matters.

Again, grace was not the point. It was whether or not the law remains valid when it’s possible to achieve salvation despite violating the law.

oh oh ha ha ha ha

1 Like

I took me a considerable amount to remember who she was!

Just when you thought she couldn’t possibly go any more batshit crazy

EDIT: She’s singing the Adhaan. Women aren’t allowed to do that, are they? Oh dear, Islam’s going to have problems with her.

3 Likes

must’ve not read Islam For Dummies book

one case wow he supports a football club and teaches dance , bet it’s not pole dancing

blues dance

I suppose you could poll dance to the blues. :idunno:

@discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Yes

2 Likes

A brave decision by the judges, who have now been issued death threats. Sadly, I don’t fancy her chances if she remains in Pakistan.

2 Likes