Why do liberals bend over backwards for Islam?

Islam has to be one of, if not the, most illiberal organized religions. It has an appalling track record with regards to LGBTQ, women’s rights, freedom of speech and belief.

So, and I’m genuinely interested here, what are the thought processes when somebody launches into a passionate defense of Islam? Why is it that Islam needs defending while other organized religions do not?

I’m going to guess that it’s because the majority of Muslims are brown, which makes little sense to me. The vast majority of the Church of England are persons of color, and if you include South America as POC then the same is true of the Catholic Church. If there’s another reason then I’d love to hear it.

4 Likes

Agreed but it seems to get a free pass from almost everybody not just liberals.

At the same time I think the ’ I don’t like Islam thread’ was enough for a while don’t you?

1 Like

Why do you bend over forwards for Trump, AND lower your pants?

Of course your argument makes no sense. The real reason is that if they don’t suck up to Islam, then they get blown up. Other religions tend not to do so much of that.

Repubes just don’t give a fuck about other people in general, so it’s obviously only the Dems that are left to interact with Islam in any fashion… hence the perceived stereotype.

1 Like

Islam is a religion of peace

220$NTD has been deposited into your account.

It’s because you can’t mock non-whites.

220$NTD has been withdrawn from your account and the police have been called.

1 Like

It’s an interesting question. I’ll try to keep it focused on that

1 Like

It’s not about Islam itself, it’s about shaming their own culture. According to left wing, white people, European and American cultures are so wrong, so evil, everything is so fucked up there that they simply sympathize with any enemy of their own culture. Because they hate it too. And they think that their own culture is oppressing all those other exotic and beautiful cultures. And that we can not keep judging those other cultures, and think that we are superior, because we are so ethnocentric whilst those other oppressed cultures are not, they’re enlightened people with superior way of thinking that Westerners can not understand nor judge.

It’s that, really.

5 Likes

lolz

It is. It’s just them taking their stupid self criticism to the limit.

Indeed, I remember now some girl who took some bullshit classes at uni about gender and other retarded theories and she was told, by her teacher, that they can not judge those cultures, because that’s ethnocentric or something very very similar to what I wrote before.

1 Like

Islamic govts don’t get sanctioned generally if they are ‘friends of the west’. Thats probably one reason, another is that many people in the Middle East are making very good money from working there. Another partial reason.
There’s an assumption that ‘western imperialism’ has caused a lot of the issues in Islamic countries which is rubbish at this stage but it’s still widespread. It’s resulted in political issues for sure but it didn’t cause them to blow each other up regularly or hack people to death on street corners !

1 Like

“horrible nations have horrible religions: they have been looking at God through a dirty lens”- C.S Lewis

1 Like

Sorta like how you dumbass laowais will never understand the secrets of traditional Chinese medicine.

Oops, I’ve said too much already.

2 Likes

I may not defend Islam on any specific issues, but may say something sounds like defending them, because when you guys talk on Islam issues it may sound for me like you are denying all the Muslim people and cultures in the regions.

1 Like

ditto tando.

I don’t actually know any liberals or leftists who go out of their way to defend Islam. Most of the ones I know are not religious and do not have a strong opinion about religion in general. Except the jaded ones who used to be religious, but even then that’s usually only toward their old religion.

How can you be for feminism, pro gay marriage, trans rights and seem to support Islam?

4 Likes

Because most Liberals don’t actually give a shit, they just pretend to.

Really makes you think?:thinking:

Also you forgot animal rights unless @Hanna is against that?

Don’t conservatives go out of their way to criticize Islam? Maybe it’s just a reaction.

I think they call it “critical thinking” nowadays.

what kind of things?

pointing out some obvious issues is critical thinking nowadays?