Why do liberals bend over backwards for Islam?

Animal slaughter is pretty harsh the world over, is it not? Some people kill animals for fun or sport.

What about kosher slaughter? It’s the same essential method, isn’t it? Do you also dislike Judaism?

But isn’t Islam the sum of those who practice it ?

When we talk about Christianity we don’t talk about scripture, we talk about how the vast majority practice Christianity. Like versa islam is the sum of how most Muslims practice it(which is messed up)?

But, not ALL who practice it practice it in a messed up way

Yes, I agree on this.

Many feminists are idiots just as many Muslims are idiots, but not all

Obviously feminism and Islam have softener in the sense Islam is more messed up, but still they are both world views/philosophies

I agree, I don’t really care if some people might get offended. How much of a christian, muslim, Buddhist are you if you aren’t willing to face questions about it.

Yes I also dislike Judaism for its kosher slaughter, and its okay to think that way @Hanna. It’s a good thing to be critical of the world and stand up to things you feel are disgusting and vile.

Why can you admit that?

Why do you feel the need to blindly defend Islam and create a straw-man comparing it to Judaism.

I dislike all both of them. That’s okay!

Why can’t you @Hanna dislike anything about anybody else’s religion? Why can’t you dislike things about Islam?

Are you afraid to say anything negative about it?

We just had a pretty in depth analysis of scripture.

I’m sure if jesus came back he would rip christians a new one.

Especially those heretic Mormons :grin:

Not really.

We are talking about the scripture, it’s institutions and behavior and beliefs of its modern followers.

The problem with fascism isn’t that some of its adherents are stupid, it’s that as an ideology it engenders horrific actions.

2 Likes

It would seem to make more sense if the LGBT crowd were anti Islam and the conservative crowd had more sympathies to it.

2 Likes

I would ask the poster’s opinions on some issues, and many of why questions.

1 Like

So, if we are discussing scripture and institutions then it’s a different issue.

The scripture of Islam is in my view same same to that of many other old religions, although I will agree the institutions are vastly more messed up than those of many other religions as practiced today.

But, that doesn’t change the fact that not ALL Muslims practice as the majority and as such it’s a bit misleading to label all who adhere to islam with the same brush

1 Like

And honestly, this is a place we can criticize Islam without worrying about getting shot up or worse.

It seems natural we would want to say things about it.

I wouldn’t dare saying this in malaysia openly. And muslims seem to react violently if you do criticize it

1 Like

Sure, but I’m sure not all Malaysian Muslims will do that

Ok, thats fair then…Waiting for some muslim posters. I do also want to ask many things without getting burned alive.

I do dislike certain things about all religions. I think all religions have their flaws. I just don’t feel a need to talk about them at every chance I get because it doesn’t really do anything but hurt people for whom that religion is important, and push them away. Why would I do that? I could miss the opportunity to learn something.

When I meet a Muslim or Jewish person my thoughts don’t immediately spring to how they slaughter their food, and how I believe that’s wrong, or whatever. I just want to get to know them and see whether they’re a decent person before I pass judgment based on their religious affiliation. That’s really all I’ve got to say about that.

It only takes one person doesn’t it?

And criticism of Islam is punishable by law here.

2 Likes

Do you do that for a nazi?

Agree 100%, but that doesn’t mean they are all bad

Preeeeetty sure Nazism is not a religion.

1 Like

Religion is a artificial construct just as nazism, they can be compared, especially the way islam is practiced in the Middle East which I would describe as political islam

Whew! A lot of people would take offense to the first half of this.

Would the majority of religious people really conflate religious affiliation with political affiliation?