Why do long-term white expats and ABTs love to defend the mediocre elements of Taiwan?

Get a hold of this:

PleaseStopCalling
2 points
·
1 day ago
It’s not just Taiwan. It was a shock to me too, being from Washington/Oregon but I had to find shared branch credit union while I was vacationing in Georgia and found that pretty much all of them were closed by 4:30pm. Around here, banks and CUs are largely open until 5:30pm or later.

Taiwan = as slow as American South

yikes

OK fine.

A, I dunno, Lebanese-Jamacan-Croatian mixed American, would have more in common with a White’s experience in Taiwan than an ABT. Get it now? There are some minor subsets – sure – but it’s fairly safe to divide into two groups.

Now, can you get the reason why I specifically name LTWE and ABTs, and not, say, domestic caretakers from Jakarta?

Ah, long-term white collar expats.

No…long-term Welsh expats.

The majority of which are white.

Really? Maybe majority of long-term English teachers are white. Im not so sure on long-term white collar expats on other occupations.

I checked.
More than half of APRC or white collar ARC holders are Asian. Not white.

why r ABTs being dragged into this? for what it’s worth chabuduo is genetic so when it comes to shitty banks all we can do is shrug.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

People in the Reddit thread explained, with evidence, that 3pm is standard closing time for banks across the world. It’s the complainers who aren’t willing to accept the truth.

If Taiwan needs to change, stop being a pansy and find something legitimate to complain about.

Aren’t you the biggest Taiwan hater on the internet?

I think foruming about other forums is way too redundant and actually kind of boring.

Bring up the topic here and talk about it.

This he said she said they said over there from a third-party is really just nothing. Talk about it here and everybody can join.

1 Like

No, a few people suggested something like that. One of which is king Taiwan apologist. If you actually google around, some banks in some parts of the world close at 3 but many are open until 430-530 now.

I’m going to Google and collect data on the average bank closing time for each country just for the sake of this thread.

Ok, but please do apply some weighting to the model skewed towards the US/North America (#1 for a reason).

And do realize that bank closing times are just a (hyperbolic somewhat) examples of one of the many medicore things.

Taiwan, the land of 差不多.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic. I’m not gonna do that.

fiexd it for you.

It is hard to understand what you are claiming. Is it LTWEs and ABTs are changed to low effort people affected by Taiwanese culture, but LTBEs, EBTs, LTASs etc are not?

See you just don’t understand the OP, ONLY he/she CLEARLY sees this place for what it is. In their extensive 2 month cultural study of Taiwan’s foibles they have come to an in depth understanding that few if any others will. It has nothing to do with culture shock or their in ability to accept things as being different…

Locals complain regardless of nationality. Like how Britons constantly shit on Britain all the time.

I’ve been here for 5 years ROFL

1 Like