Male bashing in the media

It’s funny (in a say way) but if we read about when cars were first invented they had to decide rules for these dangerous machines. So you read about how a guy was supposed to walk ahead of them waving a flag etc.

The point being it was recognised they were going to be extremely dangerous from the start , but somehow that became an acceptable thing somewhere along the line as the fun and convenience of driving (pre traffic jams everywhere) became the narrative. .People grew up with cars and it became a normal thing.

Same as Taiwan where people grew up with the noise and mess of scooters everywhere.

The Dutch do have a great cycling culture but they aren’t the world’s best cyclists either!

Self driving cars , buses , trucks will help to cut the cycling fatality rate tremendously but it would be better if we had roads and paths developed more specifically for walking and biking.

Yup. And I reckon it was men who made the flag-waving rule, because in those days it was men who made the rules. :wink:

If there were any other technological gizmo that caused over a million deaths a year and 50 million non-fatal injuries, it would be illegal to own one. We make that trade-off in human lives and misery because, fundamentally, we think it’s worth it.

Multi-modal roads are definitely one of the main causes of accidents. I did a whole thread about this sort of thing a couple of years ago.

Men can be helpful sometimes.

How to be a modern feminist in seven easy steps:

1. Invent a problem.

2. Explain why you have absolutely no agency at all to solve it yourself.

3. Explain why it’s the responsibility of men to solve the problem.

4. Yell loudly that women aren’t damsels in distress, don’t lack agency, and don’t need a man to solve all their problems.

5. Yell loudly about how unfair it is that men won’t solve all your problems, which they obviously need to do because you have no agency whatsoever and only a man can help.

6. Say “toxic masculinity,” “the patriarchy,” “#MeToo,” and “I told you so,” at random intervals apropos of nothing.

7. Repeat.

1 Like

You’re asking for too much.

How to be a whiner:

1. Blame feminism.

So much simpler! :sunglasses:

Mansplaining is a definite thing. Perhaps not in Taiwan, but elsewhere yes.

I’ve been back in the UK just three weeks and have already experienced it twice. The first time was at a dinner party where I was asked what I’d been doing in London. I described a Frida Kahlo exhibition I’d been to with, no doubt, layman opinions on her art. I was very rapidly closed down by someone who told me she was an expert on Kahlo and I then heard someone else say mansplaining. Obviously I let it go, although I wondered afterwards how exactly I was supposed to know if there was an expert on any subject I was asked about before opening my mouth.

Today I was giving my equally uneducated thoughts on why red kites often swoop down for carrion in groups rather than individually. We happened to have seen a group of the birds and someone raised the question. I got pulled up again for mansplaining on account of one of the women in our group being a bit of an ornithologist. Again, how was I supposed to know that? Up until today we were both strangers and I have as much idea about her interests as she has about mine.

It’s all very odd. I think I’m learning that it’s best to STFU in future - which I agree is often a positive. I’m honestly not that opinionated. In each instance I was asked to speak.

1 Like

I don’t think it shows that mansplaning is a thing, only that “calling mansplaning” is a thing…

Seeing this made me realise how far things have come ( rightly so ) in 50 years. Quite amazing to see the horror on their faces.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuZI5kmpVU

Mild autism a lot more common in tech. Social rules are therefore less likely to be of interest.
Kind reminder that women can be autistic too and that it can be a lot less obvious. From their point of view every social action is like being anthropologist in a foreign culture. They’ll be very much used to this behaviour and seeing through all the b.s.

We were forewarned and forearmed about this feminist creep as young boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMd1F1acSo

Never in the history, pardon, herstory, have we faced such an a bomb in nation of …err…
thing. And…

err… let me think…

oh, the beaches and there will be bikinis… oh and some of those wenches are quite hot, but … we shall fight them on the beaches and on the hilltops… and, oh, I remember not.

2 Likes

This caught my eye.

He said the retirement age for women would be increased from 55 to 60 instead of to 63. But a five-year increase for men, to 65, would stay.

Russian men have a life expectancy of 66 while for women it is 77, the World Health Organization says.

Wait, what? Russian women have had “Freedom 55” all this time? :astonished:

Ah, wonderful paradox. It’s simultaneously egalitarian (same increase for both genders) and discriminatory (perpetuation of inequality).

But is it really about cherishing women?

‘43% of Russian men won’t live to retirement’

I wouldn’t find that very reassuring if I were a Russian man. :2cents:

Let the comments begin.

That’s a pretty shocking statistic.

Some has said it might be a hoax. But there’s definitely been a lot of feminists that have coined the term manspreading.

It’s a hoax, but the term manspreading is real. Apparently according to their logic men manspread to show dominance.

It might not have crossed their mind, men have sensitive dangly appendages between their legs and something as simple as crossing your legs might be a precarious maneuver fraught with danger for a man.

4 Likes

Outside of that, I think men’s physiological structure is also a factor. I think women’s legs naturally points more inwards from the wider hips while men legs naturally spreads outward.

Adding to that:

Isn’t that something to do with the fact that they’re all alcoholics?

I was reading somewhere that a Russian man who doesn’t drink is going to have women lining up to molest him.

Apparently if your nickname is 007 and your drinks are shaken and not stirred you have to beat them off with a stick.

Has anyone else noticed how women in Taiwan often 'man’spread? They’re often legs akimbo when they are seated.

Maybe they just came back from a trip to Thailand

1 Like