Male bashing in the media

Men on scooters do this too. I think squatting all the time makes the difference. https://youtu.be/nJx3smIfk1U

1 Like

It always worries me that the scooter riders are going to catch their knee on a parked car.

2 Likes

I would think riding a scooter with tons of crap that forces you to ride legs open might be a contributing factor.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/rPu_d4SSOPk?t=139

2 Likes

WNBA players have been complaining about their “pay gap” recently. I think it all started with Lebron getting 154 million in his new contract.

https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/amp.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/wnba-players-complaining-about-lebron-james-salary-is-laugh-out-loud-funny/

It’s getting more traction lately with lots of Espn segments and women speaking out about this “pay gap”

The numbers show the WNBA didn’t even make 154 million.

The WNBA, operates at a lost. I don’t think a single team is profitable last time I checked.

The NBA subsidizes 12 million a year for the NBA to keep it afloat.

Now some women say it’s about the percentage pay. How can the women players get a higher percentage when teams are already not profitablable?

https://youtu.be/EpzidpgZzq8

Let me guess: they blame the misogynist viewers who aren’t interested in women basketball?

And not just the men…

Women don’t even watch WNBA. It’s just not entertaining, they used to constantly give out tickets for free to fill the stands when I was back in the states. They’re to hard headed to change things like lowering the rim to make above the rim play possible. Maybe have a 4 point line every farther out. Something to make it more entertaining. They want to play the same way the men play. Even though the nba constantly changes rules to improve entertainment
like 3 points line, hand check rules.

2 Likes

There is more or less no reason other than they get bashed because they allow themselves to be bashed.

An update on WNBA that blew my mind. They actually believe they should get more revenue when they are already operating on a loss. The WNBA players Association opted out of the CBA agreement…basically meaning they want more money and a change in revenue sharing from owners and players. Their new slogan on why?
#Betonwomen

The WNBA lost 12 million last season. Adam silver the commissioner of the NBA has stated they lost more than 10 million each year since the start of the WBNA. And guess who covers the losses mostly and subsidized them. The NBA.

This whole thing is a movement, not a sound business investment. They are basically taking money from the men, the money taken to subsidize the WNBA could be shared to NBA players and owners.

So…basically they’re on welfare.

Also, their attendance is in a downhill trend with last year as the lowest. The NBA keeps saying it’s an “investment” but acknowledge they aren’t expecting a return anytime soon. Not to mention the WNBA gets their overvalued TV deal because it’s packaged with the NBA.

Do none of them ask where the money they would get if they get more revenue shares would come from when they complain about the wage gap?

Not to disagree completely, but branding takes time and losses are to be expected at first. 12 million might sound a lot, but the mens NBA generated 7.4 billion in revenue last year while female athletes like Serena Williams pulled in 18 million in endorsements alone (obviously not WNBA, but never the less).

Propping up WNBA to the tune of 10 or 12 mil a year, given if a sweet spot is found might have payouts in hundreds of millions yearly, is not really that bad a business investment. That’s not to say it will turn a profit, but then again it might just turn over a good chunk of change eventually.

Sure, but that’s 22 years operating at a loss. They’ve basically said they have no plans on how to turn it around. Their president keeps stepping down because after failing to do anything positive.

It’s totally the NBAs choice to invest in it. But I find that the WNBA and other people actually calling this a example of a wage gap between men and women and demand the players should get more revenue to be dishonest about the situation.

Add that to the stubbornness of the WNBA players. There’s been many calls for them to do things like lower the rim. But they keep saying no. I don’t want to do that. There is clearly a market for women’s sports. I watch women’s tennis from time to time. I don’t feel it’s boring compared to the men. Women’s UFC is also not so bad. Maybe not as good as men but they’ve even successfully made women the main event and did well. The WNBA can change how they play. The rim is too high for above the rim play, none of the players can do in game dunks. They also miss layups often and slow down the game. If you’re a basketball fan you’ll see what I mean, the game can clearly be faster with a lower rim. They can do a lot to play different than the men.

I hear you hear, I tend to watch more womens tennis than mens because for the men 90% of the time it’s over at the serve. Put it down to carbon fiber rackets or what not, but I like to see a bit of back and forth and womens tennis does that.

Also with you on the womens UFC, Holly Holm caught the attention of everyone, despite her wins were invariably an armbar lock.

On the how to make the sport more appealing, not really my field, but Im sure there are plenty of brainiacs that could work it out.

Going to be hard. First they need to figure out how to attract women. Their problem is not men being sexist or NBA is being sexist and there’s a wage gap. They don’t have the support of women.

Also how do they compete with other sports. They are in the business of entertainment, they don’t do a good job of entertaining. They need more drama as well. I don’t have time to watch games all the time, but I’ll watch big rivalries and such. And I think they need to find a niche that the NBA doesn’t do. They are also competing with the NBA doing the exact same thing with a lesser product.

But I find it hard to imagine them being profitable. People only have a limited amount of time and money for sports. Other sports are also struggling to keep up. The taste in sports change. Even the NFL attendances have hit a decline. The NBA is just killing everyone with how well they are marketing themselves in the domestic and international market.

My business is failing but I refuse to change

OK, now this is just getting silly…

Nabokov is rolling in his grave.

1 Like

Ha, he’s actually right. In Luke, she wasn’t given a choice, and simply told what “will” happen, and that "no word from God will ever fail” though she did respond “I am the Lord’s servant … May your word to me be fulfilled.” A bit of gray area there. In Matthew she had no say in the matter at all, “an angel of the Lord” seems to have felt discussing it with Joseph was sufficient.

It’s funny the cheap attacks they resort to just because the atheist figured out yet another shortcoming in the crappy story.

1 Like