Why do people here [presume I celebrate 🦃 🇺🇸 ]

Sure, but they don’t know that. Do you want to give them the middle finger or not?

2 Likes

I celebrate Gumboot Day. That’s a big day in our neck of the woods. First Saturday in March.

Is that the incident where starving Kiwis were forced to eat their gumboots? :thinking:

We weren’t forced. It was a willing dinner.

I see we’re now in the Living in Taiwan forum.

This place gets weirder by the day.

Ah the Eketahuna Ewe Tossing Festival. Good times.

1 Like

Translation: How about we, like everyone of the American vendors we may be competing against, display some awareness, perhaps even appreciation, for the cultural values of the folks that provide us with, um, MONEY. It’s like we’re taking the time to give them thanks. cosmic eh?

Not to pick too hard, but this just seems to be remarkably savvy on the part of the employers.

Then again, if these clients have nothing to do with your office, yes, this qualifies as a pain in the ass.

1 Like

Is that the one where you toss the ewe up and then impale her on…never mind.

Bingo!

But we have a US office. Like a real office, not just Eddie Chen sitting in a room with a telephone and a laptop and a map of the US.

You may be right. I may be being a k*nt. Which is why I asked.

But, my issue was, they automatically assumed the big nose in the Taipei office would be overjoyed to help celebrate what is, in fact, his own holiday, on account of, well, he’s a big nose and all big noses eat Turkey and square dance all day long every last Thursday in November.

1 Like

You seem awfully cranky for an American…

2 Likes

I’m coming off my anti-epilepsy meds. I’m wired.

chabuduo

Then just pop an oxy. Duh. I’m beginning to suspect you’re not actually American.

1 Like

I would if I had one. All I got is ibuprofen and amoxicillin.

Oh and a Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix. That might help.

Perhaps just write the paper.
Dr., he might be an Australian American. In the US, there are people who identify as Italians, Mexicans, Jamaicans, English, etc… when they first emigrate. Then it becomes Italian Americans, Mexican Americans, Latin Americans, African Americans, French Americans, etc. Then there are, of course, the actual bazillions of people who inhabited the Americas before the colonization.

Yeah Milker. Write the goddamn paper. :roll_eyes:

You remind me of a teacher I had in junior high…