Why Do Taiwanese Always Pick Each Other Up?

Ok, this has been bugging me for awhile, what is it with the Taiwanese and picking each other up?

For example, I saw a scooter on scooter accident a few years back. The older woman was thrown off her scooter and her leg did a sick twist on the road. Two or three guys rushed over to her and even before asking if she was ok, they jerked her up to her feet. :astonished:

In Taipei a while back, scooter girl, car, corner…boom. Girl is lying flat on her back. Bystanders try strenuously to sit her up. She does finally and her face is ghostly white, totally drained of blood. She immediately snaps backwards and POW! Head pavement lightsout. :help:

On TV repeatedly, some poor soul is suffering and does the Taiwanese loss of leg strength. They collapse. The family grabs and pulls and pulls them up…again and again. :idunno:

and this leads to my question…WHY?

Are all things suddenly better at 1.5 meters above sea level? What gives?

Ignorance

I didn’t want a real answer…this is the best vent I can muster. :smiling_imp:

something to do with the reason kids try to help other kids up after they’ve (un)intentionally hurt them - if they can be “up”, they’re not hurt (so bad) and no one will get in trouble (ie have to pay out a load of dough) …

maybe.

[quote=“xtrain_01”]something to do with the reason kids try to help other kids up after they’ve (un)intentionally hurt them - if they can be “up”, they’re not hurt (so bad) and no one will get in trouble (ie have to pay out a load of dough) …

maybe.[/quote]

OK, that makes sense, so if they fall again, they get double??

depends what kind of car the hitter was driving …

I think there’s a ref or something and he’s counting to 10. If they don’t get up they’re out, K.O.

Or

Is it like the 5 second rule for dropping food on the floor. If it’s under 5 seconds you can still eat it, in this case, under 5 seconds and you’ll be ok.

OR

They want the person to fall down. You know, like the sticks in the temple, the way they fall will determine their fortune - live or die.

OR

They want to be the guy that’s on the TV news talking about the accident… nah, that’s a western thing…

Or

ignorance… yup, that’s it

and it’ll not change soon.

If they’re lying down you can’t watch them fall over again, can you?