Why do white women vote Republican?

What I’m saying is that there is more to racism than if you are polite.

Oh really? Glad you’re here to explain to us

You are the one who made a post about how whites are more pc and worried about backlash, but when you go to Hispanic school they shout profanities at you hence whites are the least racist

I gave an example, take a deep breath
I would say if people are openly shouting go home you chink eye mf without anyone thinking hey that’s wrong is pretty racist.

1 Like

So, agree. But a person who doesn’t shout can be equally racist

Sure, but I tend to look at what behaviors a person exhibits as I can’t read minds.

4 Likes

So, what I’m trying to e

Nevermind

Frankly it (maybe) sounds like you’re (perhaps) saying something like “all white Americans are racist, even if they don’t say racist things at first.” :thinking:

So what are you saying? Are you saying that all white Americans are racist? Or a majority/minority are? It depends? Or that white Americans can go zombie-like and suddenly become racist?

Or is your point a (perhaps somewhat) trivial one, that you can’t make any superficial conclusions whether someone is a racist unless you know them well?

So, this would be an incredibly stupid thing to say or think and tbh I find rude that you ask this. It makes me feel like you think I’m an idiot/you are calling me an idiot.

Woah, not at all. I apologize if I gave you any indication at all that I think you are an idiot or that I disrespect you or your opinion. That is not the case.

It’s just that you chose an odd place to stop your response. What did you mean?

Okay.

My apologies if I misread, but it is quite retarded to think all white people in America are rasists.

Anyway, my point was, I do not think white people are any more or less racist than other coloured people even if they might be more adapt at hiding it/there is more social pressure on them to hide it because they are more easily singled out as racists.

No problem.

That’s an interesting point, and I think it makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to clarify things.

I find it difficult to understand how if he’d said “No-one uses the n word anymore” it wouldn’t have become an issue. When being asked about a movie about racism in the 60s what else could he say?

He’s apologised, but I guess there’s a Twitter storm about this.

So much stupidity and hypocrisy in one bundle

The ironic thing is that African Americans use the word all the time.

3 Likes

It’s a social poison if only black Americans are allowed to touch the third rail (n-word) at will.

In a political landscape where, supposedly, Democrats overwhelmingly support equal outcomes (granted, not all Democrats), the third rail (i.e., instant death of one’s social worth, and perhaps worse) exists exclusively for white Americans.

Can you think of a bigger recipe for societal implosion than using language this way? Britain’s George Orwell couldn’t.

If the n-word is a third rail, then it’s a third rail. For everybody, no exceptions. Period. Full stop,

1 Like

Obviously not all the time. That would be ridiculous.

Well, it definitely seems like all the time. I could never count the number of times I’ve heard African Americans refer to other African Americans using the n-word publicly.

May not be every time, but that’s not the standard the usage has to meet.

Listen to some mic’d up NFL players, for example. University educated, yet frequent use of the n-word.

You’re obviously not a rap fan. :wink: It’s like the black equivalent of “dude.”

1 Like

I find this unlikely, although I don’t know many African Americans. To be honest I don’t know one in Taiwan.

Do the African Americans you know always refer to each other with the n word?