Why do whites get so triggered when they see 'Republic of China'?

Sorry, I didn’t mean to leave you guys out: don’t be triggered, bros.

1 Like

I’m afraid you can’t go around making such claims without proof

Are you requesting a proof?

I will neither confirm nor deny this allegations

“Best” is subjective, so requires no proof.

OP, Are you talking about Taipei (biologically determined and socially repressed child bearing members of society)?

I’m macro-offended by all these micro-aggressions.

1 Like

Finally: a triggering!

Troll wins.

Good god, man. Er. Cow.

Nobody gets satire these days… :disappointed_relieved:

The Swedes do:

1 Like

These days, the Swedes really need to have a sense of humor.

ROC doesn’t trigger me; it just makes me laugh, especially when people say “It contains the word ‘China’, so Taiwan is part of the PRC!”

“Chinese Taipei”, however, gets me in a ranting mood.

My eyes were glossing over… as I scrolled over these posts. Micro aggression? I grew up Jewish. Jewish guilt, my whole life is a micro-aggression. Let’s just focus on the real agressions…
Can someone please tell me what’s going on. The name of the country is “The Republic of China”. The name of the other country last I checked is the “People’s Republic of China”. Who is going bonkers over the term?
Can you restate the story again and tell me clearly where this “aggression” occurred?
I feel kind of put off when the locals call it the Mainland. But now that I understand the one piece of land, two countries argument then… it makes sense. (Sort of)
So what is this White guy angry about. Is he pro independence or pro unification.

Don’t take the bait.

One of these things is not like the others.

1 Like

Kinmen is just one main island and a few islets and the other two are archipelagoes?

Who are all these “whites” getting triggered and how come I’ve never met one? Is this some subreddit thing?

1 Like

Go onto Reddit or any foreigner Facebook group. Whites are more into Taiwanese identity politics than the locals.

Most expats that would care are white. I don’t think an Indonesian domestic helper would have a strong opinion on the matter.