Why do women look for stability in men and marriages?

Because in general, women are more afraid of instability, of changes in their lives than men.

Although there are a lot of men afraid of instability and change nowadays.

This is why most women look for stable men which will give them stable marriages even if such stable men are old, fat and ugly.

But life is all about instability, changes and death (transformation).

Where there is life, there will always be death (transformation).

Change and instability is the inevitability of life which no one can escape from.

Cheers, man.

I finally get what Paul Young was on about.

I can think of no better phrase to describe Budda Boy on relationships than 夏蟲語冰: a summer insect speaking of frost.

I wonder… Are you so anti relationship because you truly believe what you’re saying, or are you this way as a defense mechanism because you know you can’t find a relationship? I suspect it may be the latter…

this time I will just :popcorn:

Why do fish bite the worm after they see the hook?

[quote=“Budda Boy”]Because in general, women are more afraid of instability, of changes in their lives than men.

Although there are a lot of men afraid of instability and change nowadays.

.[/quote]

You’re having a laugh? Ever been pregnant? Here’s a generalisation: when faced with instability, men are cringing, craven beasts who will be found either hiding under the table, or at the bar. Or following some childish religion they picked up while backpacking.

I wonder how this pedant manages to convince himself of such stupid nonsense.

I wonder if ehophi ever sleeps…

Because it is a deal. You want the best deal. You go shopping, you look for quality, you buy stable shoes, if they turn out shit in 3 days or eventually …too bad. But you won’t willingly go for a crappy deal, unless you’re Winston Wu. :smiley:

Not very Buddhist of you.

Did you previously live in a Southeast Asian nation and did your prostitute ‘girlfriend’ leave you for the middle aged German gentleman in the 4* resort?

Women want to be taken care of. There are a number of women who can take of themselves, but they want to feel secure (ie taken care of), this want is often greater than having someone physically attractive.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“Budda Boy”]
This is why most women look for stable men which will give them stable marriages even if such stable men are old, fat and ugly.
[/quote]

Women want to be taken care of. There are a number of women who can take of themselves, but they want to feel secure (ie taken care of), this want is often greater than having someone physically attractive.[/quote]
Errrm Actually men want stability too. In a marriage. And they want to be taken care of too. Marriage is mutual. This whole, women like stability and men not is rubbish.

Also OP, women are smart, they know even a penniless lovely spring chicken is going to become atleast one of the 3 traits you mentioned, so why not just find stability with the future version of a young, thin and handsome man and never do dishes. :smiley:

“Nay, nay! I shall divine for you all what men and women really want!”

Marriages in many countries are legal contracts. Who would have the arrogance to say that they knew the motives behind every individual who entered into such contracts? I offered to marry someone so that she could quality for in-state tuition.

because the period when the woman is pregnant and when the family is raising children, stability and solid family foundation are very important.

it’s the same instance as getting a car I suppose. diff people buy it for different reasons. some just want it as a mode of transport and for some its a status issue. but whatever the reason is, you will never really know how this car is really gonna perform under diff circumstances. so this is when you look for stability factors like safety issues, life expectancy of the car, mileage etc. now, the only difference, IMOP, is that with a car, a girl can buy insurance in case it f#@ks up, but with a guy she can’t. however, IF SHE COULD buy an insurance, then perhaps she may consider going a little easy with the need for stability.

Does that answer your question, buddha boy ?