Why does a certain segment of the white population in Taiwan insist on calling themselves immigrants?

All of them? :eek:

If you think the politics threads have too many repetitive or uninteresting posts, you should have read them 15-20 years ago. Its already gotten much leaner.

1 Like

She wants to improve her English, so she has to be a prolific reader. Unfortunately after reading all the politics threads on Forumosa, her vocabulary is now filled with modern buzzwords and slang like “MAGA”, “cuck”, “beta”, “alpha”, “god emperor” and of course “twat.”

She sounds like my kind of girl. :grin:

I’m not sure how @rowland will feel about you dating one of his students.

I’d be more worried about how my wife felt. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

The Chairman of Papa John’s (America’s 3rd largest pizza chain) was recently forced to resign for saying “nigger”. To promote the idea that nigger is a term of endearment is just downright irresponsible and dangerous (especially to non-native English speakers).

2 Likes

We’re not allowed to say “term of endearment” any more?

I hope this crap implodes like #MeToo did.

I tell my students that only black people are allowed to say it. Unless the Chris Rock rule applies, and you are quoting rap lyrics.

The looks on locals’ faces when I tell them that. Like they’re thinking: “what the actual fuck?” but aren’t sure they should say it.

But to a certain class of people “if you have the same rules for everyone, that’s racist” seems perfectly reasonable.