Why does CSB like to refer to himself in the 3rd person?

Why does Taiwan’s president always refers to himself in the 3rd person in his speeches? Like: “A-bian will do this or do that…” ???

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

TomHill quite often does the same.

Emperors, Kings and Queens are doing it … why shouldn’t CSB …

Well, I don’t hear Pres. Bush saying something like: “Bush admit that there was slow responce…” Maybe a newspaper but not by the person him/ or herself.

By the way, CSB cannot be compared to a king, queen or emporor.

[quote=“Sherryx”]Well, I don’t hear Pres. Bush saying something like: “Bush admit that there was slow responce…” Maybe a newspaper but not by the person him/ or herself.

By the way, CSB cannot be compared to a king, queen or emporor.[/quote]

Why not, I like it … Emperor Chen … he that rules the one China … :notworthy:

edit out, was hoping to get more expresive smiley. Which was not posted.

It shows class and leadership. Queen Victoria used to do it. So does Stray Dog sometimes.

possible early signs of dissociative identity disorder?

Referring to oneself in the 3rd person shows class and leadership? Queen Victoria…Ah Bian…Wow! This man has great class! :noway:

Queen Victoria was famous for her grotesquely rotten teeth back then. Ah Bian’s teeth are surprisingly presentable, considering that he lies through his teeth most of the time… :smiley:

If it works for the Hulkster and Randy the Macho Man Savage, it can work for A-bian, too!

He’s beside himself.

Sells more hats.

“A-Bian” is a brand, like BenQ or Ford. You’ve got to keep the brand out there or people will forget. It’s not like he’s doing anything anyway. People would forget who the fuck he is.

“Hey didn’t we have an election or something a few years ago?”
“Fuck yeah!! What do you call that guy who got shot?”
“Dunno. Did he win?”
“Dunno. Fancy a game of pool?”
“Yeah alright then.”

A-Bian sounds very like “da bian” to me and I’m surprised the brand took off, but there you go. Shows how much I know.

you guys just don’t get the marketing behind it…

sherryx,there’s a thing called sarcasm,keep it in mind while reading some posts,i know it’s hard to grasp for non UK folks

she doesn’t seem to hang around here enough to fully understand the subtle under the table conversation. Gosh, they don’t have Britcom here, how are they supposed to be educated in the fine art of sarcasm…

Oh, sorry for my not-being-from-the-UK. Next time we meet, I’ll bow down. Guys, please don’t bump your heads against the clouds while you’re looking down on other people!!! :unamused:

we’re not looking down on you love… and I’m not from the UK, by any mean… just look at my jolly nice flag over there…
it is a true statement - I can’t even be sarcastic to my wife, she doesn’t get, hates it and goes on to break china…
Sarcasm is a common note on british humour, and all of those who grew up watching BBC are very familiar with it, and know how to play it well. If you want a crash course, just go see “The Life of Brian”, by Monty Pyton. You might find a lot of things you can even correlate with Taiwan.
If you have more time, watching “Only Fools and Horses”, “Allo Allo”, “Blackadder (1485-1917)” http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/broadband/video/nb/blackadder_s3ep3_4x3_nb.asx, and “Faulty Towers”. (think this is a good list of good old laughs)…