Why does everyone have a brown carpet on their dashboard?

Why is it always brown?

1 Like

All of mine are black.

So I have just now learned a color other than brown exists.

What’s the point of them, and why are most of them brown?

Protect the dashboard from sun/heat damage. Without them, the dashboards will fade and crack from the harsh Taiwan sun and heat.

2 Likes

They also provide added friction so items don’t slide as easily during “normal” driving.

1 Like

Is there a random question thread? Wack things in Taiwan? Haven’t checked it yet.

Why do they spray down Keelung Rd and thereabouts near the 101?

No idea, but black does actually show particles well. Like a black shirt with dandruff. Brown probably does show dirt far less than black. Or it looks more like leather or wood?

Far better than tinting the front windows and driving down families at night.

Brown is the new black?

Mosr things go brown under the sun anyway.

Textiles, mad dogs, Englishmen, Afghanistan.

See? Its a natural law.

1 Like

You wake up one morning and realize the carpet doesn’t always match the drapes/dash.

1 Like

I read “testicles,” which hardly negates your argument.

I woke up and the answer came to me in a dream.

Protect the dashboard from sun/heat damage. Without them, the dashboards will fade and crack from the harsh Taiwan sun and heat.

4 Likes

A discovery on the first date? No trouble with Asian girls
They always match

Sounds more like a recurring nightmare…

But does that still happen? I know it used to, but I have car models from the early 90s through 2018–all ungaraged with dashboards basking naked in the California sun, none cracked or faded or spotted with age.

It varies. Some places like Thailand n Japan like to remove the carpet, Taiwan n China seems like to keep the carpet.

OTOH, people who read "bollocks"often do try and use that to negate my arguments.

1 Like

Yeah but the floor is usually scratchy without the carpet

1 Like

This discussion has taken a huge turn from cars and motorcycles.

I’m tempted to Google search for Asian girls carpet and drapes but then I’ll possibly go down the Google rabbit hole for a few hours so I’m not going to do that.

Save it for the weekend.

2 Likes

Those be tinted ponies