Why does no one in Taiwan believe in reincarnation?

+KiFu

2 Likes

Maybe you better start a poll about peopleā€™s religious beliefs (or lack thereof).

Isnā€™t he one of the Taoist Immortals? :thinking:

1 Like

OK, here = the people who posted in this thread.

Southeast Asia - Vietnam = Theravada Buddhism
East Asia + Vietnam = Mahayana Buddhism

chabuduo

2 Likes

Well yeah, then SE Asia you also got Muslims.

You got Muslims in East Asia too.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RealBossyCollie-size_restricted.gif

I meant countries. You got Muslim countries in SE Asia.

You got Chatholic in SEA too.

I believe in reincarnation. I believe you will be reincarnated as someone able to ask more specific questions.

2 Likes

Forgot the Philippines.

Tibet is sort of a tweener. Lamaism doesnā€™t fall under one of the two big ones?

The law on homosexuality comes from the book of Leviticus. The same book that establishes dietary restrictions, rules on health. If modern Christians are going to be so adamant about chastising homosexuality they should refrain from touching a woman menstruating.

As I said, cherry picking.

Well isnā€™t that cute. I spent many years in the Adventist school system where reading the Bible is required coursework. Before you accuse me of not knowing anything, perhaps youā€™d like to give me your thoughts on the Desire of Ages or Child Guidance.

Thats what Catholics would like you to believe. The council of Nicea made an arbitrary decision to include some books and exclude others. And used that cannon to construct the concept of the holy Trinity.

The Church changed the rules to absorb the pagan population. Jesus didnā€™t say they didnā€™t have to follow the old testament.

Pagan holidays like the day of the sun replaced the sabbath. Easter replaced the fertility festival of ostara (rabbits, eggs). Etc. Etc.

There is no mystical superceeding. Just regular old humans changing rules to fit the times.

No, it doesnā€™t, not for Christians. It comes from St. Paul.

Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error.

Well there you go, thatā€™s why you believe Christians have to follow the Old Testament.

Even if that were true, thatā€™s what Christians have been sincerely believing for two millennia.

1 Like

:eek:

1 Like

I donā€™t believe anybody has to do anything. Iā€™m explaining to you why you believe what you believe. If thatā€™s what you believe. :wink:

Modern Christianity can be defined by two branches:

1. Protestant Reformation - Lutherans, Anglicans. They follow the traditional rules, customs established by the Catholic Church.

2. Great Awakening 19th century America - Methodist, Adventist, Mormon, Jehovahā€™s witness

So no not all Christians. The ones who broke off from the Catholic Church follow arbitrary rules set by the Roman empire in the 4th century to appease ā€œpagansā€.

The others made up their own rules often driven by a prophet - Joseph Smith, Ellen White.

Why is Christmas celebrated on December 25th? You think Jesus just happened to be born right on the pagan festival of the winter equinox?

Heā€™s a good pope. Somebody tell the 700 Club.

Tell that to Catholics in China.

1 Like