Why does Taiwan beer taste so good?

And everyone with leather taste buds agrees with your evaluation.

You silly man-child.[/quote]

us silly men are the majority on this issue[/quote]
Mmm, Deuce, you may have a point; does that make TC and me a persecuted minority?

I’ve always quite liked Taiwan beer meself.

Its crap, crap, crap…

Asahi all the way…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
And everyone with leather taste buds agrees with your evaluation.[/quote]

:roflmao: that is why Tai-pee flies off the shelves overseas, and it generally regarded as a top quality product.

I was recently in Germany and all the talk around the beer houses was about how one could secure some Taiwan Beer, same thing with the Trapist Monks, they were like: “Damn, where can we score some Taiwan Beer?” Word on the street was a Chinese grocery in Bruges was making a killing selling it to beer afficianados.

Now, just cuz Tai-pee is a step sideways from the 1a worst swill on Earth you were brought up slurping down in Seppoville doesn’t mean it tastes good to the rest of the planet.

it is utter piss, and if this thread was to add a poll, I think the democracy that you hold so dear would ironically prove you to be overwhelmingly in the wrong.

DD -
So what?
Big Stella fan are ya?

Or just into Beer Snobbery

I happen to think that a good beer is one that I like. I really can’t interpret all of your comments, but I was raised with an appreciation for German beer and Pilsener beer. Having imbibed it for 40+ yrs now, and, having been a rather advanced home-brewer as well, I think I can speak fairly knowledgeably on the subject.

Frankly, if one likes their beer - thats good enough for me. To each his own. Its what you like - I don’t have to like it and you don’y have to like what I drink. Such is life.
Hell, some of my best buddies like Bud Light…so be it.

Also, a democracy is nothing more than mob rule. But thats a different subject.

:beer:

Fast forward: the year 2030, I’m walking through a Taipei park, and what do I spy but a gaggle of Forumosans on a park bench begging for booze and coins. The years spent living rough on the streets have taken their toll but I can still recognise Deuce, Sandman, and digiboy. I take a cold six-pack of Taiwan Beer out of my bag, and just before offering my charity I remember those hateful words “utter piss.”

“Sorry, lads. All out of Belgian beverages.” I put the TBs back in my bag and go on my merry way.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]DD -
So what?
Big Stella fan are ya?

Or just into Beer Snobbery

I happen to think that a good beer is one that I like. I really can’t interpret all of your comments, but I was raised with an appreciation for German beer and Pilsener beer. Having imbibed it for 40+ yrs now, and, having been a rather advanced home-brewer as well, I think I can speak fairly knowledgeably on the subject.

Frankly, if one likes their beer - thats good enough for me. To each his own. Its what you like - I don’t have to like it and you don’y have to like what I drink. Such is life.
Hell, some of my best buddies like Bud Light…so be it.

Also, a democracy is nothing more than mob rule. But thats a different subject.

:beer:[/quote]

Stella is junk only to be swilled by trendy continentals and left leaning janks.

I agree wholefartedly that the enjoyment of beer is a personal thing, but lest we forget you too are engaging in the same things you accuse me of. I think Taipee is piss and that sits poorly with you and your aspiring swillsmith sensibilities (calling one a ‘beer snob’ and then casually dropping your pijou CV is hardly the behaviour of a modest tilter).

Take heed to your own advice TC and agree to disagree, that, is surely a concept a lot of your fellow Taipee’rs can get behind.

Giddy Up

Leave me out of it! I like many, many, many, many, many, many, many beers, except for those awful over-strength Belgian monstrosities, and I also like Taiwan beer, except for the canned stuff and the brown bottles. I’m slurping from a nice frosty Gold Medal greenboy as we type.

they say bud tastes like warm cat pee, but the company was bought for about sixty Billion usd.

I like the original big brown bottle Taipee. Good stuff with the right amount of “skunk” for flavor.

Taiwan beer. Tastes so good. I love it long time. :bow:

Seems like a sweeping generalization, no? Try my late uncle’s bathtub (literally) brew.

Your momma love me long time. With TW beer.

Oh wait. Is it “Your momma” or “Your woman”? Gorammit! Now I’m confused. I need another TW beer. Gimme a minute…

[quote=“almas john”]Fast forward: the year 2030, I’m walking through a Taipei park, and what do I spy but a gaggle of Forumosans on a park bench begging for booze and coins. The years spent living rough on the streets have taken their toll but I can still recognise Deuce, Sandman, and digiboy. I take a cold six-pack of Taiwan Beer out of my bag, and just before offering my charity I remember those hateful words “utter piss.”

“Sorry, lads. All out of Belgian beverages.” I put the TBs back in my bag and go on my merry way.[/quote]

That was fucking funny man. Thanks for that.

I like the fresh draught bottles of taiwan beer that you can get at beer houses best, but they’re all good to me. If you’re drinking to get drunk, it doesn’t make much sense to me to pay for expensive beers when you’re gonna be too shitfaced to appreciate them.

Looks like shit, smells like shit, tastes like shit. Thank God I didn’t stand in it.

because you are swimming in it?? :smiley:

That one is probably the most nasty of all Taiwan beer. Also, a little sad to see my friend Stella Artois taking a bashing. Busch is surely the worst lager on sale in Taiwan.

That one is probably the most nasty of all Taiwan beer. Also, a little sad to see my friend Stella Artois taking a bashing. Busch is surely the worst lager on sale in Taiwan.[/quote]

yes, but it is BY FAR the best selling of the lot, followed by the equally crap brown bottle. people like to say or the green bottle is good (at best it is passable but probably seems like nectar of the Gods compared to the OG Taipee). I’ve heard good things about the red and dark new versions of Taipiss, but we’ll see if those are around in two years time.

bottom line, when you say Taiwan Beer, you are talking about that God-awful piss in the generic can or brown bottle, and if you think that is good beer, God help you.

That one is probably the most nasty of all Taiwan beer. Also, a little sad to see my friend Stella Artois taking a bashing. Busch is surely the worst lager on sale in Taiwan.[/quote]

yes, but it is BY FAR the best selling of the lot, followed by the equally crap brown bottle. people like to say or the green bottle is good (at best it is passable but probably seems like nectar of the Gods compared to the OG Taipee). I’ve heard good things about the red and dark new versions of Taipiss, but we’ll see if those are around in two years time.

bottom line, when you say Taiwan Beer, you are talking about that God-awful piss in the generic can or brown bottle, and if you think that is good beer, God help you.[/quote]

The cans are awful. The stuff in the green bottle is drinkable, but has a very distinctive (think not nice) taste, which I can still conjure up now, some three years after my last swig. Still, it is cheap.