Why doesn't Google index my blog?

Google indexes my Web site (pinyin.info/news/). I know this because Google searches restricted to site:.pinyin.info don’t include some things I know are on my blog (e.g., Kazakhstan, Wuhan, Xuantong) and which I can find through the search function on my blog.

The problem started long before I started complaining about Google’s recent screw-ups, so I don’t think it’s anything I said… And there are plenty of links to my blog from other sites, so that’s not the problem either.

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on or how to fix it?

Could it be that you have somehow denied bots the right to browse your blog?

Maybe somehow link your blog’s rss feed into your website itself, that way the content is actually on the page and not in the /news/ subdirectory?

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Yahoo searches restricted to my site will return results from my blog, so that seems unlikely. And Google Analytics returns results from my blog; so Google definitely knows the blog is there. But Google’s search doesn’t act like this.

My WordPress “privacy” setting is for “I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers.” So that should be fine.

I don’t know how to do that. But other subdirectories are fine for Google searches. Why just the news? Very puzzling.

Also, I’m pretty sure that Google used to index my blog, too. But now it doesn’t. And for some reason my Technorati authority is down to 1 – when the last time I checked (ages ago) it was well into the hundreds.

You make a page, then you get the atom.xml(if you open it, it will produce a weird format version of your blog)for your blog. This is the rss feed for syndication then parse that(either write the code or find a stream reader) and use the result for your page.

But yeah google doesn’t usually have a problem with sub directories so I don’t know. Just trying to give suggestions :slight_smile: