Why don't they sell German beer at 7-11?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I like Taiwan Beer. Its fresh, consistent and well made.
And yes…I do know good beer. I’ve drank beer all over the world. I was a home brewer for 10 years prior to coming here.
More importantly…I know bad beer when I taste it.
For what it is, Taiwan Beer is good beer.

“Man purse”…LOL…now thats funny[/quote]I’ve had some very good bottled beers too. I wouldn’t say Taiwan Beer’s among the best, but it’s definitely drinkable. The draft stuff in the green bottles is way better than Heineken or Carlsberg.

I’ll ALWAYS choose Taiwan draft over Heinie or Corona, but more to the point, its not on tommy’s man-purse list. :wink:

Taiwan Beer ain’t the best beer in the world but at least it’s not ghey, i.e. it ain’t no “man-purse”, xiaojie-poodle carrying, facial-cream wearing brew.

Yeah, I also think Taiwan Beer does its job pretty well. Has any of you been to the Taiwan Beer Bar, where the company directly serves their fresh product? It is nice, you can get 1 liter glasses there, just like at the Oktoberfest. :slight_smile: Recommended!

Taiwan Beer is dreadful. Really, is there any reason to drink it other than there is nothing else available? Corona isn’t beer, that doesn’t count. Of course I’d rather drink it than Corona.

HAHAHA. No doubt all you beer connoiseurs have your little known, micro brews that are gems. But my list was from the beers available in TAiwan at the time, and therefore not being able to sample all these microbrews thats all that there is. Its already a whole lot better then just having Taiwan beer !! And I bet that a lot of people who drink guinness stout (retched stuff!) carry man purses too !!

and as far as “my history” of the beer situ in Taiwan, sorry if its not accurate in its entirety or even partiallly accurate. its MY recollection of the going ons as seen through my half empty beerglass. You are free to have your own recollections.

I would agree that the populace as a whole buy on price more then anything. Myself included, I used to buy BUSCH a lot because it was cheap! And it wasnt bad as far as chillled colored water goes. And as far as patriotism towards Taiwan Beer? My personal view (again my PERSONAL view, for those ready to jump on me at every opportunity, and IM talking of my fans here) is that patriotism only goes so far. Whats more the case , probably, is that a lot of people have gotten used to the taste of the beer and since we were forced to drink it for so long, have gotten used to it. How many smokers think that LONg LIFe is a wretched smoke? And yet how many long timers buy a couple of cartons of LONG LIFE to take with them when they visit their former homes countries for a couple of weeks? Its an acquired taste. LIke muff diving, its an Acquired taste (except in that case its a case of “you acquire it and you taste it” ).

I remember the times when Taipei had those large music restaurants where they had live music all day and all evening long. And you buy a large TAiwan Beer for 100nt and sit back and relax and cool off from the heat outside and enjoy a song or two and check out the chicks around !

And since TAiwan Beer was all that was available at the time , you got to like it. And even when faced with competition it was cheaper after all. The beer was like 33nt at the store but 100nt at the restaurant. Already a big mark up. An import that sold for 60 would be marked up to 180 in the restaurant and 100 is a whole lot less then 180 in my personal math.

So you are saying that if I were to drink Taiwan Beer and carry my xiaojie who is in turn carrying her poodle it would be ok, even if I were to use face cream and carry my man purse?? :smiley: :smiley:

And to the sandman (theres a song by the same name by America I believe, one of my favs, got the cd in my man purse somewhere IM sure). Goes to show people like a particular brew or dislike a particular brew based on many factors

oh and werent the scots the original man purse carriers?? I just saw a tv program bout Scotland and the dress wearers and their man purses (thats what the tv host called them). :slight_smile::slight_smile:

And you have to admit, they ARE so convenient !

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I like Taiwan Beer. Its fresh, consistent and well made.
And yes…I do know good beer. I’ve drank beer all over the world. I was a home brewer for 10 years prior to coming here.

“Man purse”…LOL…now thats funny[/quote]

I gotta have it super chilled and poured onto ice cubes Tainan style of course ! :slight_smile:

Brings to mind the night the sexy waitress at the hotel bar in Tainan came to my room carrying two big bottles of chilled TAiwan Beer and a bucket of icecubes and spent the night and got fired the next day. But thats another story.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]I like Taiwan Beer. Its fresh, consistent and well made.

“Man purse”…LOL…now thats funny[/quote]

I gotta have it super chilled and poured onto ice cubes Tainan style of course ! :slight_smile:

Brings to mind the night the sexy waitress at the hotel bar in Tainan came to my room carrying two big bottles of chilled TAiwan Beer and a bucket of icecubes and spent the night and got fired the next day. But thats another story.[/quote]

Oh man, that is sweet. well not for the girl but, its classic.