Why don't western women date Taiwanese Guys?

Since living in Taiwan I’ve noticed very few Taiwanese guys with western girlfriends or wives. I want to know why western women don’t date Taiwanese guys? Thanks!

They do. Some even marry.

Because many Taiwanese guys have first names like Winston or surnames like Wu, and for some reason Western women do not find this attractive.

Taiwanese men don’t eat a lot of hard cheeses. I think that is a contributing factor for most Western women. :laughing: If you can’t appreciate a decent slab of Wensleydale it’s pretty much over before it starts.

Ladies, I’m right, aren’t I?

Roger that, Soops.

I’d start with: There are fewer Western women in Taiwan than Western men (from my observation at least), and the men seem to stick around longer for whatever reason.

I would add: Taiwanese girls invest a lot into their appearance, but Taiwanese guys generally don’t put emphasis on working out and are a bit fashion dense. (GENERALIZATION. Also: very shallow reason.)

I would also add: Anyone who has taught or taken classes at a university can attest to the fact that English classes are filled with more girls than guys. Statistically, that would mean more women would be able to speak English and thus have inroads to foreign relationships/spouses.

These are all speculation as I am not, and have never been, a woman.

I have a lot of close friends who are Taiwanese men, and even more who are friendly acquaintances. I enjoy the friendship, support, and kindness of many local men.

I honestly don’t know how most women from America, Canada, Australia, the UK, etc. would be able to deal with them. There’s the mother in law issue, for one thing. There are vast differences in expectations between Taiwanese people and non-Asian cultures where in-law relations are concerned. There is the traditional girlfriend and possibly wife role to deal with, which is entirely foreign to most Western women. And then there are thought processes, approach to life and work, and communication styles. If you look at tools that describe cultural values and beliefs like The World Prism from TMA World or similar tools, you realize that in almost every category, Taiwanese values and approaches differ dramatically from the values of people from various Western countries. In most areas, we are polar opposites. I think differences in communication patterns and how meaning is conveyed might be the biggest challenge. If you subscribe to the popular theory that language forms thought, then think about the connections between English and Mandarin or Taiwanese. There are none.

I could go on.

I think these challenges make cross-cultural relationships difficult to sustain for any combination of genders and nationalities. Where women are concerned, I think it’s a helluva lot more fun to be a Taiwanese man than it is to be a Taiwanese woman. You’ve generally got a lot more freedom, you’re generally given deference where big decisions are made, your face and your feelings are generally considered first by family members, etc. compared to women. I don’t see how most Western women could fit comfortably into this culture, and I don’t see how most Taiwanese men would be able to figure out how to give a Western woman what she wants in a relationship.

Of course, there are a few Taiwanese men out there who understand these differences and have the emotional intelligence or the international experience to deal with them. There are also Western women who are better at adapting than most. But for the most part, the cultural divide and the gap in expectations is so vast that it doesn’t make success in a romantic relationship very likely.

That, and there are very few Western females living in Taiwan.

See! I knew it. And by extension if you don’t eat a lot of hard cheese you don’t make cheese sweats. Women can sense cheese pheromones in men and it gets them all excited when they sense a guy who has just downed 50g of Beaufort or had Pecorino in the last 24 hours. Taiwanese men don’t carry the proper cheese pheromones for a Western females requirements. It’s kinda like men need women who breathe oxygen, thus explaining why any man would pretty much have sex with any woman on the planet if she said he could.

One would hardly take a cup of butter as a sample case, as indeed there are cases out there that would fly in the face of any such simple projectionism.

I dunno man. I am pretty sure about the hard cheese thing, and despite my sample n=1 it was then endorsed by another female, which is now n=2, so that’s a 100% increase in the number of people agreeing with Ermintrude. Powerful statistics, which can’t be argued with. 200% of all women responding agree with the hard cheese theory. Are you going to disagree with 200% of women?

Well written Tomas. Of course one has to acknowledge that , while asian females generally have qualities that are attractive to the western male (i.e. sexy figure, alluring eyes, feminine charm, etc), the opposite is not true. Asian guys in general are less physically attractive to most western females.

However, despite having an unsexy figure, unalluring goggly green eyes and a charm that is fairly unfeminine, at best, I still managed to form relationships with the elusive western male.

My most recent boy is Italian, and he hooks me up with the grano padano. Da soop is definitely on to something and has the stats to prove it.

I have some fairly unique qualities that British men are powerless to resist …

I can make a steak and kidney pudding from scratch. It doesn’t always top trump fucking a chain school teaching assistant, but it does more than you’d think.

However, despite having an unsexy figure, unalluring goggly green eyes and a charm that is fairly unfeminine, at best, I still managed to form relationships with the elusive western male.

My most recent boy is Italian, and he hooks me up with the grano padano. Da soop is definitely on to something and has the stats to prove it.

I have some fairly unique qualities that British men are powerless to resist …

I can make a steak and kidney pudding from scratch. It doesn’t always top trump fucking a chain school teaching assistant, but it does more than you’d think.[/quote]

No wonder your partner is Italian. Despite the Dongiovanni reputation, we get soon bored of stuffed dolls with long legs and tend to hunt for real women.

::thumbsup::

I dunno man. I am pretty sure about the hard cheese thing, and despite my sample n=1 it was then endorsed by another female, which is now n=2, so that’s a 100% increase in the number of people agreeing with Ermintrude. Powerful statistics, which can’t be argued with. 200% of all women responding agree with the hard cheese theory. Are you going to disagree with 200% of women?[/quote]

On instinct, why, yes, I would.
Though the hard cheese might make me doubt me own principles, I think you have not factored in the unripe tomatoes. With or without the (un)spoken “r” in that particular biscuit…
Of coarse, this shall cheeze off some our more ermitruded, but it is well called for:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]

Though the hard cheese might make me doubt me own principles, I think you have not factored in the unripe tomatoes. [/quote]

Taiwanese men do eat a lot of unripened tomatoes though. Especially those cherry ones, which they douse in all sorts of gunk.

And don’t argue with the maths. Maths is hard.

You have two wine glasses one is half full of red wine, the other half full of white. You take a shot glass and dunk it fully into the red wine glass and you take that liquid and drop it into the white wine glass. Then you take the shot glass and drop it into the white wine glass and you take that liquid and pour it into the red wine glass. Both glasses now have the same amount of liquid as they did before the mixing. Now, is there more red wine in the white wine glass or is there more white wine in the red wine glass after you have done your mixing?

[quote=“superking”]

Taiwanese men do eat a lot of unripened tomatoes though. Especially those cherry ones, which they douse in all sorts of gunk. [/quote]
Still, it is a factor.

Indeed they are, which is why I almost failed artillery.

Booze is a bad analogy for me. First, I can’t figure out why one would even want to mix, let alone, drop a shot glass, unto some wine. And how do I know that said glasses are not half empty?
The correct answer would be none, as, whatever was left over from such a shite mix, and not spilt all over the table, would be unpalatable.
And I would ask for anudder I.P.A.

Just hope and pray that Taiwanese girls never learn that secret, or you’re screwed :slight_smile:

Just hope and pray that Taiwanese girls never learn that secret, or you’re screwed :slight_smile:[/quote]

I’ll wager there aren’t many Taiwanese girls where Ermintrude lives. :slight_smile:

Just hope and pray that Taiwanese girls never learn that secret, or you’re screwed :slight_smile:[/quote]

Well, yeah. They won’t, though. it is a special kind of esoteric knowledge, passed down through the matriarchy of my people. Diminishing returns, though. I’m actually not living in Taiwan any more, but …

It’s the whole package in a person, isn’t it? I’m generally more interested in scots and northern Anglos because of a shared culture, or Italian and Spanish guys as they are more physically attractive than other mortals. I’m open to other stuff. I could write a list of reasons why a Taiwanese guy wouldn’t be interested in me, but then again I could write a list of reasons why a scarily attractive Venetian genius (love ya, honeybuns) wouldn’t be interested in me, yet he is. There’s no list of attributes and I’m not going t o get into objectifying Taiwanese men’s individual social or physical characteristics to figure out why I never settled down with a Taiwanese guy or do the same about myself and other ‘western women’.

[quote=“superking”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]

Though the hard cheese might make me doubt me own principles, I think you have not factored in the unripe tomatoes. [/quote]

Taiwanese men do eat a lot of unripened tomatoes though. Especially those cherry ones, which they douse in all sorts of gunk.

And don’t argue with the maths. Maths is hard.

You have two wine glasses one is half full of red wine, the other half full of white. You take a shot glass and dunk it fully into the red wine glass and you take that liquid and drop it into the white wine glass. Then you take the shot glass and drop it into the white wine glass and you take that liquid and pour it into the red wine glass. Both glasses now have the same amount of liquid as they did before the mixing. Now, is there more red wine in the white wine glass or is there more white wine in the red wine glass after you have done your mixing?[/quote]

More red wine in the white wine glass. The wine that you have replaced in the red wine glass is not 100% white, as it contains some red.