Why extremely beautiful people get fewer dates

A FwB once mentioned that she hooked up with the nerdy guy at work and got an enormous surprise. Then again, I’m a nerd, so I guess Fortune figured she wasn’t going to indulge me with that particular tradeoff.

2 Likes

You are right. Adding 5lbs of muscle for a 5’10 guy looks amazing. You won’t even notice 5lbs on me. It’s been a life long struggle to not look like a twig for me.

I have an acquaintance who’s an ex-Marine and has precisely the same bodyweight as me, and the same bodyfat ratio. But he’s 5 inches shorter, so he looks like Adonis, and I … don’t.

2 Likes

The plus side is no one notices if you get a bit fatter either.

This was going to be my comment on this. If you are super handsome you want a couple at a similar level. How many people are at your level? Well, it’s a bit of a tautology: you’re one out of 10,000 so you’re alone. Not many people like you that you know of… Although people tend to bunch up with similar people.

I do see these statistic facts but I don’t think that extremely beautiful people don’t get couples or laid at all, that’s just not true. Also people’s sexappeal is not just about their body, but mind and wallet among other things.

I recommend you all to come and join us this Saturday at noon, you’ll see that everybody is beautiful and that bodies are not all that important.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is not true. I have a few bad memories (as a result of alcohol-impaired judgement) which I would like to offer as Exhibit A.

6 Likes

Photos or it didn’t happen. :grin:

It was a long time ago, so I can pretend it didn’t happen.

1 Like

You’re going to pretend Exhibit A didn’t happen? A little late for that now. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you’d like to guess the username and password of my long-defunct Yahoo account, there actually are some photos. Depends how badly you want them.

1 Like

Yahoo? They still have that? OK, now you’re starting to scare me. :hushed:

They had digital cameras back then too. Unfortunately.

Hopefully one of those 0.01 megapixel ones.

2 Likes

Or, for all the deluded people.

If there ever were to be a Nigerian prince looking to reward people with a huge sum of money in exchange for help on a banking transaction, no doubt the poor guy would get help from literally nobody.

You see a dating profile with Men’s Health/Playboy style pics, the person hanging out with celebrities and having a bio like “I’m looking to make someone in this world happy and shower them with love and attention :two_hearts:” What are the odds this is a real person?

Besides, none of the attractive people I know are using dating apps–life provides enough for them.

2 Likes

Right, right…

as a joke

Was it Lily, or your “girlfriend who lives in Canada”?

I don’t think it works that way in practice though: low IQ people are less in control of their own situations, and as long as they have other ways of being attractive, there are people who will choose them anyway. Some people are more willing than others to compromise on their ideals, and some people want less intelligent mates because they like the feeling of dominance, just as some people want less attractive mates because they like the feeling of security, you know, like the song…

1 Like

It’s all about proportion tbh. I’ve seen tall guys with average size but it looks small because he is tall. A lot of people commented on mine, despite being average size, it looks big for asian - and it’s also because I’m short with an athletic build.

There’s some truth to this. I’m short and my 25cm tool looks pretty big on pictures, especially when taking from close. Perspective is also important.