Why I love Taiwan

That was such kind and honest lady, I guess it is the up bringing people get from their surroundings and their parents mostly.

They are , yes

Well in fairness to the guy he did specifically say that the sarcasm was off when he made that statement.

So I was out there covering an event when a guy stumbles down some stairs and ends up in a pool of blood semiconscious on the floor. Two people are taking care of him immediately. A nearby coffe shop employee brings a bunch of paper towels for the guy to wipe his face from teh blood. Less than 5 minutes, an ambulance arrives and two EMTs tend to the guy for a few minutes, maybe 10. Soon he is pulled away in a hurney. Someone has already wiped the blood from the floorā€¦ and like in half an hour the janitor shows up with a mop. Nothing has happened hereā€¦no evidence is left of previous carnage.

Thatā€™s a little depressing also. I mean if I had that fall with all that blood, I would want things to remain messy for a while- maybe even for them to build a shrine there to remember the event by.

Actually, I find the pool of blood depressing, like no one cares. Point of view I guess.

What I am absolutely fascinated is that we were downtown, and I was like, no way Jose an ambulance can pull up in this traffic. Lo and behold, less than 5 minutes, and the EMT is walking in with assorted equipment for the emergency.

1 Like

Jose and Lo always get into trouble :wink:

2 Likes