Why I'll Probably End Up In Korea

BWAHAHAHA! I hope you’re not planning to be a weatherman when you grow up. Don’t give up your day job dipshit. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“Coroner”][quote=“blue “hand the size of Texas” face666”]About like they’d feel if someone shit on their kitchen floor.
[/quote]

Why do USAnians use ‘shit’ as the past tense of, uh, ‘shit’? They do the same with ‘spit’. I always say ‘shat’ and ‘spat’. It just sounds better.

Anyway, this is the kind of rhetoric I’d expect from a nimrod like blueface666. I also suspect that he wears socks with his stylin’ Teva sandals, and sports a goatee.

Talk about aging in a sour manner…[/quote]

I wear socks with my sandals all the time. Is ther some cool rule against that?

Nope, nothing wrong there.

Nope, nothing wrong there.[/quote]

Thank you akosh. That guy above really does look cool. And look how happy he looks looking cool!

Coroner, you really take the cake…have fun in Korea man…you two deserve each other…

My response to twonavels post may have been in the form of…hmmmm…really…would it be possible for you to extend me a letter of invitation…or do you know anyone who could as you seem really well connected in the SA community…

go ahead, correct my punctuation you little shat…

I would move for an immediate ban on this freak…but we need stupid bores (sic) like him cuz the rest of you just aren’t that funny these waning days of summer… :laughing:

Yes, but what you can’t see is the source of his glee: the naked Sri Lankan laddie behind the camera.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/london/3181443.stm

[quote]Romans’ crimes of fashion revealed

Most Roman feet are shown in statues wearing leather sandals
Despite conquering the known world, it seems the Romans had a very different idea of what constituted sartorial chic.

Evidence for what, by modern standards, would be considered a lack of style has been uncovered at a major archaeological dig in south London, where a foot from a bronze statue appears to be adorned with both socks and sandals. [/quote]

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/solissf/sowisa.html

[quote]Q: Is it ever appropriate to wear socks with sandals, and if so, when? C.D.

A: We do not recommend wearing socks with sandals. A great pedicure can do wonders, and men should not be embarrassed to get one anymore.[/quote]

http://www.suslik.org/Humour/National/general.html

[quote]Cultural Differences Explained
Aussies:
Dislike being mistaken for Pommies (Brits) when abroad.
Canadians:
Are rather indignant about being mistaken for Americans when abroad.
Americans:
Encourage being mistaken for Canadians when abroad.
Brits:
Can’t possibly be mistaken for anyone else when abroad (spot the socks and sandals) [/quote]

My only shame is I can’t find a reference to the French doing much the same thing.

HG

I think Coroner must be the kind of person who inspired
(I’ve Never Met) a Nice South African.
Doesn’t apply to me, though – I’ve met twonavels and she’s indupitably nice. :wink:

[quote=“sandman”]I think Coroner must be the kind of person who inspired
Doesn’t apply to me, though – I’ve met twonavels and she’s indupitably nice. :wink:[/quote]

I note that you didn’t include Allycat as a nice SA :wink: :laughing:

[quote=“tigerman”]
I note that you didn’t include Allycat as a nice SA :wink: :laughing:[/quote]

I’ll vouch for Alley, though I’ve only ever “met” him in these forums. :smiley:

[quote=“tigerman”][quote=“sandman”]I think Coroner must be the kind of person who inspired
Doesn’t apply to me, though – I’ve met twonavels and she’s indupitably nice. :wink:[/quote]

I note that you didn’t include Allycat as a nice SA :wink: :laughing:[/quote]
:blush: :blush: :blush: That often happens when I forget to take me Geritol. Sorry, Alleycat!

Why thank you. I was just about to top myself.

That said, Coroner ease up; I was thinking about offering you an invitation, but having read your posts all I can say is enjoy Korea.

I’m not surprised.

Anyhoo, seeing as how people on this forum seem to delight in making fun of another’s plight, I thought that I’d qoute Foucalt, if only to prove a point:

“But it can just as well be said that cold water heats and hot water cools.”

I want you all to think about that the next time you take it upon yourselves to call me a vagrant.

You must be confusing me with someone who cares what other people think about such things! :laughing:

[quote=“Coroner”]Anyhoo, seeing as how people on this forum seem to delight in making fun of another’s plight, I thought that I’d qoute Foucalt, if only to prove a point:

“But it can just as well be said that cold water heats and hot water cools.”

I want you all to think about that the next time you take it upon yourselves to call me a vagrant.[/quote]

Stop whining. Its really quite unbecoming.

[quote]I found out later though that there are MANY Sif Africans (who are not native speakers of English, that is, Afrikaans-speaking) in Taiwan working ILLEGALLY without degrees and through agents in Taiwan. Hence the effort needed to get a degree. I mean, holy cow, if there are a lot of Afrikaners in Taiwan (like in London) then I probably don’t want to go. No offense to all the boertjies who might just happen to read this, maar julle kan nie lees nie, kan julle?

[/quote]

In my opinion, the term “boertjies” as used by you is definitely derogatory (using the diminutive form and applying the term to “Afrikaners in Taiwan”). If you were speaking Afrikaans and applying the term to all South African farmers it would be fine.

[quote]‘…agree to disagree…’ Jesus. What are you, a philosophy major?[/quote] Yes, well, I believe that you are allowed to have your own opinion on the matter, but I still wanted to share my take with you. I do not believe that either of us can be entirely right or wrong. It can’t be helped - I’m halfway through “In search of Schrodinger’s Cat”.

It worked for one guy, no phone call, just a friendly appeal on a forum much like this one. And Toe Save is right about what my intention originally was in posting this option, but I am currently reconsidering. :slight_smile:

[quote]I’ve met twonavels and she’s indupitably nice.
[/quote] Yes, I know I’m just a naive little thing, easily deceived by seemingly nice guys like Coroner. But thank you, and hopefully with your help I won’t be so easily duped in future. :wink:

It’s in the box. (Sorry if I spoiled the ending for you. :mrgreen: To make up for it, here’s the Cliff’s Notes version.)

Finally it makes sense la!

[quote=“coroner”]twonavels - you really are an idiot. I think I made it pretty clear that I obviously do NOT know anyone in Taiwan, and that is why it would be a hassle for me to get the letter of invitation. Of course, I could just call the Worldwide South African club that I (proudly, of course) belong to and ask them for assistance.
‘…agree to disagree…’ Jesus. What are you, a philosophy major? [/quote]

[quote=“coroner”]
blue “hand the size of Texas” face666…

Why do USAnians use ‘shit’ as the past tense of, uh, ‘shit’? They do the same with ‘spit’. I always say ‘shat’ and ‘spat’. It just sounds better.

Anyway, this is the kind of rhetoric I’d expect from a nimrod like blueface666. I also suspect that he wears socks with his stylin’ Teva sandals, and sports a goatee. [/quote]

Man, I take back what I said in your “Members Only” post. You are an asshole. Have lots of fun in Korea.

Apparently you’ve never heard of don’t bite the hand that feeds you, as in the hand that was extended to help you get to Taiwan by calling her an idiot or by insulting knowledgeable posters who are trying to give you advice. Anyone got that village idiot icon handy or does he have to keep posting stuff like this in order to earn it?

Normally, I don’t like to be so negative about someone, but my gosh, you’ve got some issues to deal with before you attempt travelling abroad.

[quote=“MaPoDoFu”]
It’s in the box. (Sorry if I spoiled the ending for you. :mrgreen: To make up for it, here’s the Cliff’s Notes version.)[/quote]

I finally get it now. Those poems were very cool and broke it down for me.

I am curious. Has anyone out there had a good experience working in Korea ?
There are a number of posts above saying how aweful the people are.
The people I know who have worked there say exactly the same about the aggressiveness & dislike of foriegners. I wonder if we are all talking to the same small group of people who have had a bad experience or is it really that bad. I may be offered a move there one day & am very interested in hearing from those that have found the people other than
described above.

[quote=“Scuba”]I am curious. Has anyone out there had a good experience working in Korea ?
There are a number of posts above saying how aweful the people are.
The people I know who have worked there say exactly the same about the aggressiveness & dislike of foriegners. I wonder if we are all talking to the same small group of people who have had a bad experience or is it really that bad. I may be offered a move there one day & am very interested in hearing from those that have found the people other than
described above.[/quote]

Hate to say it scuba, but if you started your own thread and asked this question, I fear it would not be accused of using too much bandwidth… :wink: