Why is football no more fun?

I used to be a very big football fan, when younger…a few years back.

Now I m dissapointed (and it is an under statement) of what happened to footbal.

Yesterday, british fans were stabbed in Rome.

We hear racist comments against black players in Spain

Italy has got nazi streamer a month ago.

I m so disgusted I don t want to watch football anymore.

Rugby has not got all these problems until now; Why ? what is the difference ?

Football has always been a more working class game with much deeper tribal instincts in the UK. Don’t know why but it just attracts the nutters I’m afraid! I was saddened by what happened last night in Rome but it is nothing new and unless the police do a damn good job in Germany this summer, it could be a bloodbath! As for the rascism in Spain and Italy, it has always been there and football is just the easiest and most cowardly way for it to come out. I was at a match back in Blighty in the 80’s when bananas were thrown at one of our players due to his colour! :fume: Truly disgusting but commonplace then!! :frowning:

Its soccer.

We play Football in the USA. :stuck_out_tongue:

TC do you not understand english ? Foot Ball
You should rename your football

But it should really be called handball.

We play four codes of football in Australia, without the context you always have to stipulate.

HG

Agghhhh! Someone had to mention that word Soccer didn’t they! :fume: It is and always will be Football!!! :raspberry:

AFT yes you re right.
I think german police will handle that well.
It is so sad compared to the feast and celebration it can be. The world cup in 1998 was just wonderful not because france won, but the people coming from all over the world . But a gendarme was almost killed by a german hooligan and still cannot speak. How sad

[quote=“SHARLEE”]TC do you not understand English ? Foot Ball
You should rename your football[/quote]SHARLEE -
Obviously english is not your primary language.
In the USA the game is referred to as Football. It is player with an oblong ball by large people wearing many padded accessories and is played in a violent manner.

Soccer is played with a round ball by people wearing shorts and shirtswho run about for ungodly periods of time and get little cards thrown at them.

Do try to understand the difference.

HGC -
Both you Aussies and the Canadians have mucked about and come up with some similiar games to American Football. We had hoped that satellite TV would help you with your understanding of how the game is played.

This is a bit tongue-in-cheek. I actually think soccer is a fine sport and was even involved somewhat in the early days ('80’s) with it formal league establishments in the US.
I think soccer is a fine sport for young children - - lots of excess energy burned off running willy-nilly about kicking at things.

TC I had hoped you can take jokes…
I have seen american footbal and this is why as HGC said it should be called Handball.
Football should be played wiht feet only.
Ah all right if even there there are disagreement I just give up

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Both you Aussies and the Canadians have mucked about and come up with some similiar games to American Football. We had hoped that satellite TV would help you with your understanding of how the game is played.
[/quote]

When will Americans ever learn - nobody else in the known Universe cares about your stupid little game! :loco: