Why is Forumosa using simplified characters?

On the right hand side of my messages in the space there are comments written in simplified Chinese. Is that a mistake?

Link:

Plus it’s a serious mistranslation of “Memorized my password”. It says something like “Read/write password general user on top of the computer.”

I brought this up a year or two ago, but it has yet to be fixed.

[quote=“Galley Gong Bistro”]On the right hand side of my messages in the space there are comments written in simplified Chinese. Is that a mistake?

Link: [/quote]I remember using Google Translate to make those graphics. I probably wasn’t being very careful about it. FWIW, most of my Chinese language settings these days default to Simplified Chinese, but I don’t type much in Chinese to begin with.

I don’t recall there being a forum policy advocating Simplified or Traditional over the other. I would expect most Chinese characters here to be Traditional.

[quote=“Chris”]Plus it’s a serious mistranslation of “Memorized my password”. It says something like “Read/write password general user on top of the computer.”

I brought this up a year or two ago, but it has yet to be fixed.[/quote]
Could you help me by posting a better translation in Chinese? :sunglasses: It takes a bit of time to make these, so it would be nice if other corrections were made before the next set of posting titles were made.

背好自己的密碼

Much better! Lots of Chinese language scholars (like Feiren, above) on the boards here so I’m sure we could come up with good colloquial Taiwanese Chinese phrases?

Perhaps add a gang at the beginning?

剛背好自己的密碼 ?

Maybe ji4hao3, not bei4hao3.

[quote]gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ[/quote]Thanks :slight_smile:

記住密碼了