Why is nobody talking about the labour protests?

But the usage of baby boomers in this thread was to compare the behaviors of older generations in Taiwan with those overseas. Whether they experienced a technical baby boom is slightly irrelevant to the topic. Pretty much everyone reading the thread knows what is being implied.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I get that.

I vas just reading that Korean are celebrating the reduction to 52 hour work week.

52 hours. :weary:

2 Likes

This is why Iā€™m still in Taiwan.
Look at the work options if you want to move in the region ! Frying pan into the fire.

I like Japan. The options there are also dim.

The ol country also has some of the longest working hours in devloping copuntries, no idea how.

So Taiwanā€™s best opportunity is to wait ten years and wait for old people to die or become incapacitated. And hopefully not get invaded by China in the meantime

When you put it like thatā€¦

Get me outta here :scream:

Seriously though Iā€™m giving it quite a bit of thought for the kids because I want my kids to have good opportunities in life and positive outlook on the future ā€¦Here thereā€™s quite a lot of pessimismā€¦ Understandably.

Move back to Europe and wait for another 2008 style crisis to finish the EU :smiley:

Or move to England and listen to the constant bitching about Brexit, housing, weather, more Brexit, and how the sky is falling. :smiley:

I used to think about moving to England but itā€™s getting more unlikely now . You never know though . Europe has the impediment of Nous Ne Parlons Francais nor Spraken De Deutsch . No it could be to the homeland which is doing pretty well except for bloody expensive and a tad chilly !

Yep there is bitching everywhere you are not wrong.

Fuck it, we should all just flock to New Zealand.

Semi-serious.

All the stuff below is according to the Taipei Times, not necessarily according to me :slight_smile: :

Apparently a signature drive for a referendum to repeal the labor law amendments in question was started back in January:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2018/01/13/2003685677

But as of late June only about 50,000 signatures had been collected. The required number is 281,745:

It appears the deadline for the 281,745 signatures is next Tuesday:

1 Like