Why is taipei times site so slow?

I wonder, the site is slow as hell from hinet, where is their server located?

I got a website with a server in Houston that isnt that slow…

It’s slow to match their staff.

Everything is faster in Texas.

They’re hosting the site on two servers, one hosted on Hinet, the other by New Century InfoComm. Network speed doesn’t seem to be the issue as pings are reasonable. My guess is that their servers were last upgraded in 1998 or something.

They have no clue what they are doing …

maybe they should use a host instead of using their own server…

Do you happen to know of any competent web hosting companies in Taiwan?

Do you happen to know of any competent web hosting companies in Taiwan?[/quote]

Who says its gotta be in Taiwan?

Plenty of hosts that is way faster than taipei times in the US.

[quote=“rahimiiii”]Who says its gotta be in Taiwan?

Plenty of hosts that is way faster than Taipei times in the US.[/quote]

A lot of businesses here would be very uncomfortable about that. For one thing they worry about slow access because some ISPs have sucky International links. For another, they can’t get a Uniform Invoice from a foreign service provider which makes it more difficult to book the expense.

Personally I’d rather host my sites here, but every option I’ve looked at has had some serious deficiency, so they are all hosted in the US.

Taipei times isn’t really a business, they only had the site to put their articles on it. I don’t think anyone buys anything other than newspaper or advertisments from Taipei times.

Im not sure about webhosts in Taiwan though because every Taiwanese sites I been to are really slow for some reason, alot of US sites are way faster. I host my site in the US because I expect more US based reader…