Why Marijuana is illegal?

i just wanted to share this video … some may find it al-right others noooo. who care???

The question of why mj was made illegal is interesting. Why is has remained illegal is a different question altogether.

And really? Joe Rogan? :laughing:

Why not get Nick Diaz to give his impressions as well? :bravo:

And come on. Be-verb placement is middle school stuff! Don’t embarrassing us! :wink:

come on dude… Joe rogan is not the best, for sure … but i still watch his programs ( joe rogan experiment and others podcast). He ASK and TRY to find some kind of answers and he is not always successful but still more interesting than so much stuff on tv HERE, if you know what i mean.
The diaz brothers in the other hand are completely F…ed up :slight_smile:

[quote=“brobronek”]
The diaz brothers in the other hand are completely F…ed up :slight_smile:[/quote]
Careful there on the Diazes, hommie. I got theyse backs! :raspberry:

Rogan is fine entertainment and funny for sure, but not exactly an authority on well…much. :laughing:

Long time ago, i read a study that was done, guess it was Schering.

The conclusion of that study was, that the productivity would be severely affected, thus causing great financial economic losses.

As far as I remember, some key-points were…
Depression
Being late at work
Human error
Reasoning etc.

That probably the reason why it’s still illegal and not the reason for making it illegal in the first place.

[quote=“rodeo”][quote=“brobronek”]
The diaz brothers in the other hand are completely F…ed up :slight_smile:[/quote]

[/quote]

The Diaz boys got my vote…

…for MMA Fighter most likely to get shot by the cops. :whistle:

[quote=“Pop Fly”][quote=“rodeo”][quote=“brobronek”]

[/quote]

The Diaz boys got my vote…

…for MMA Fighter most likely to get shot by the cops. :whistle:

After a championship fight:

Can’t see the video contents, but i can tell you a bit with words, since i studied the history of Marijuana legislation when i lived in Canada.

Here is a good summary on the web:
drugwarrant.com/articles/why … a-illegal/
Some key passages are these: “The Mexican Connection” and “Jazz and Assassins”

But the final, and ultimately successful, push came from money: “William Randolf Hearst, owner of a huge chain of newspapers […] had lots of reasons […]. First, he hated Mexicans. Second, he had invested heavily in the timber industry to support his newspaper chain and didn’t want to see the development of hemp paper in competition.” Furthermore, "Hearst and Anslinger were then supported by Dupont chemical company and various pharmaceutical companies in the effort to outlaw cannabis. Dupont had patented nylon, and wanted hemp removed as competition. The pharmaceutical companies could neither identify nor standardize cannabis dosages, and besides, with cannabis, folks could grow their own medicine and not have to purchase it from large companies. "

Hearst, thorough the newspapers he owned, unleashed an anti-marijuana hate campaign with far-reaching effects, and in the wake of WW2, with the for some time overreaching influence of the USA, their Marijuana paranoisa was successfully exported to large part of the world. As a consequence, until today thousands of people are in jail, at taxpayers expense, who have committed nothing more immoral than what cigarette smokers and beer drinkers do.

Logical? Yes, it’s the logic of money. :ponder:

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]Long time ago, I read a study that was done, guess it was Schering.

The conclusion of that study was, that the productivity would be severely affected, thus causing great financial economic losses.

As far as I remember, some key-points were…
Depression
Being late at work
Human error
Reasoning etc.

That probably the reason why it’s still illegal and not the reason for making it illegal in the first place.[/quote]

by that reasoning along, alcohol should also be illegal.

never smoked pot in my life and don’t plan to, but i don’t see why it shouldn’t be legal.

I gotta jump in and defend Joe Rogan here. :slight_smile: He’s a smart dude, he’s a critical thinker, and he asks and actively tries to answer a lot of important questions. He’s not afraid to speak his mind and he calls people out on their bullshit. The world needs more people like that. Just because he can also throw you in a rear naked choke and turn your lights out doesn’t mean what he’s saying is any less TRUE !

I wonder how many traffic fatalities are caused by smoking weed? Once in college I slammed on my breaks on the freeway because I thought I saw a wall materialize in front of me. Luckily it was 3 am and nobody was behind me or I’d be dead or in a wheelchair.

Even in the most biased studies marijuana has been proven to be less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol. If we are going to have marijuana illegal then we should also make smoking and drinking illegal. Think of how many people are in jail right now for minor weed related offenses. Doesn’t that seem so wrong when put in context of marijuana actually being less harmful in every measurable way than smoking and drinking? Can you imagine the outrage if we started locking people up for selling cigarettes at the local newspaper stands? Or people having a house party and providing alcohol for the people who come to the party?

If you give your party guests as much weed as they can smoke, you’re a criminal. If you give them alcohol to drink you’re just a good host. Huh?

Weed is not a hallucinogen, it’s just often times misclassified as such. If you saw a wall materialize in front of your eyes, there was a lot more to what you were smoking than simple marijuana. :astonished:

Driving is not at all impaired by weed. And one does not hallucinate on it either. So I would say 0 traffic fatalities are caused by it.

An article I had published 15 years ago

I drive too slow when i’m on weed. It felt like I was driving an F1 car though. zooom

That.

Coupled with a healthy dose of paranoia, keeps you checking you mirrors constantly. The only real danger is a hot cherry falling in your lap, then you lose control.

Safer than alcohol.

alternet.org/drugs/7-ways-bo … gerous-pot

Has anyone said ‘because it stinks and makes you look really tragic if you’re older than 16’?

Yeah, like quite a few cosmetics, hair styling goo, and other apparently popular post-hygiene products… :smiley:

Care to let me in on this? :slight_smile:

No, you’d be the first to think such a odd thing…

I’m glad that smelling bad is not a crime.