Why more and more children have allergies

nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magaz … rgies.html

Thanks grandpa for smoking… thanks tobacco companies… now I know why me and all my cousins have asthma or skin allergies…

Great article by the way. I had to hold back tears when I got to the last few pages. Just the thought of your own child asking you if they were ever close to dying is very difficult to bare.

i googled hydrogenated oils and this is top of the list. an informative article, and one which interestingly incorporates chinese medicine into the discussion (e.g. too much yang heat from eating heaty, oily foods).

naturalnews.com/024694_oil_food_oils.html

[quote=“hansioux”]http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/magazine/can-a-radical-new-treatment-save-children-with-severe-allergies.html

Thanks grandpa for smoking… thanks tobacco companies… now I know why me and all my cousins have asthma or skin allergies…

Great article by the way.[/quote]

Do your cousins live in Taiwan? That wouldn’t be so surprising then.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]

Do your cousins live in Taiwan? That wouldn’t be so surprising then.[/quote]

Both of them grew up in Taipei. The one closest to my age used to beg me to stop making him laugh because he might have an asthma attack on the rare occasion that our families get together for the holidays. He moved to Australia when he was 12. He never had any asthma over there, but sometimes when he returns to Taipei, he’d get asthma again.

By the way, if you think Taipei’s air is bad now, it was worse 20 years ago.

I know it was probably worse years ago, doesn’t mean it is good now :slight_smile:, maybe that is not your point though. :bow: . The figures for PM2.5 were not monitored until relatively recently, so there is also a lack of data.

Anyway, the air is terrible over most of the island has an extremely high incidence of childhood allergies and asthma, that’s why I guessed they grew up in Taiwan. My wife also has cousins who moved to NZ, one of the major reasons was both of the kids suffered from asthma.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]I know it was probably worse years ago, doesn’t mean it is good now :slight_smile:, maybe that is not your point though. :bow: . The figures for PM2.5 were not monitored until relatively recently, so there is also a lack of data.

Anyway, the air is terrible over most of the island has an extremely high incidence of childhood allergies and asthma, that’s why I guessed they grew up in Taiwan. My wife also has cousins who moved to NZ, one of the major reasons was both of the kids suffered from asthma.[/quote]

I really think scooters is the main cause of the horrible air quality in the cities, simply because there are so many of them. Those who defend the scooter lifestyle keeps saying that Taiwan has the toughest regulations for scooter exhaust, but then they all wear face masks when they ride… plus the poor enforcement of such regulations and scooter engines are simply incapable of filtering out the more toxic particles, equals air smell like the devil’s ass.

Yes scooters are definitely a prime candidate, they don’t have catalytic converters, and they spew large amounts of ozone, CO, nitrous and sulphur oxides into the immediate athmosphere. You see the EPA numbers only show a few measuring sites dotted around cities which are then averaged to give a 24 hour average reading, they don’t actually show peak numbers at traffic intersections and exposure during commuting, which must reach horrific levels in the Summertime in particular.

[quote=“Jack Burton”]i googled hydrogenated oils and this is top of the list. an informative article, and one which interestingly incorporates chinese medicine into the discussion (e.g. too much yang heat from eating heaty, oily foods).

naturalnews.com/024694_oil_food_oils.html[/quote]

I remember reading about hydrogenated oil in an issue of Scientific American. It’s sad that even though it’s pretty obvious it is harmful to use hydrogenated oil, so far the only mandate is to label the crap. And there’s so many ways of labelling it… I doubt it will be of any use. I was very saddened to find out most of the snacks from Taiwan I loved as a kid contains hydrogenated oil…

could be gmos given they import at least soy from usa. there a movement in usa now. taiwanese can become retards and sterile from that, so no more babies and extinction can be expected.

I fear it’s already too late for some :ponder:

Problem here is that the world is so awash with pollutants that it would be virtually impossible to pinpoint any single cause. I’m always a bit suspicious of these “scientists have just proved…” things because of the difficulty of teasing out the many confounding factors.

I fear it’s already too late for some :ponder:[/quote]

hey shiadoa, you by any chance foreigner or taiwanese?

yes, too late for some, you can expect things such as like premature aging, an extra head growing out of the buttock, inability to produces son and/or any babies for that matter, mental retardation from your once beautiful taiwanese wife.

have a nice day people! :smiley:

Where’s JImi? JIMI!!!