Since there are so many talented and dedicated forumosan teachers, I think it would be a good idea to start our own franchise. Here are a list of positive reasons why we could:
- We already know each other well enough because of our daily posting.
- Communication, which is so important, will therefore not be a huge problem.
- The time we use posting could be used more constructively.
- Instead of working for other people, we could work for ourselves.
- Since we all work at different schools under different conditions, we know what works and what doesn’t.
- Those of us with Taiwanese spouses, if they we interested in joining the business, would be able to fill the communication gap.
- You don’t necessarily have to give up your current job.
- We have different useful talents.
- We can start small and gradually expand our business.
- Not only teachers, but any poster may invest his/her money/talents.
- We could write our own series of text books.
- Those of us who already own or manage schools, can give the vital input we need to get the project off the ground.
- There is no rush. We can discuss the topic through and through, before taking any action.
Before we start thinking of he negatives, let’s focus on how it could work. You could do yourself a huge favor by doing so.