Why so few women in the Forumosa community?

I propose that some male users change their gender for equality’s sake. I nominate for this change @Icon, @Bree and @Gain. And @Dr_Milker too, he has already a good rack.

really? If Taoyuan means Taoyuan city, I don’t think so. In case of Taoyuan district, I don’t have enough info.

I was exaggerating for comedic effect. Don’t worry, I won’t give up the day job.

The majority of foreign workers in Taiwan do reside in Taoyuan City, though.

I know. I just wanted to put a fact.

and Filipinos are about 30% of them.

According to my calculations, the net result would be… no change in the numbers. :confused:

1 Like

Fascist! Sexist!

(I really couldn’t come with anything better :frowning: )

1 Like

I’m not a woman.

This entire thread reeks of gender binarism. Assuming a person’s gender (which is a social construct anyway) is a heteronormative microaggression of the patriarchy.

3 Likes

I thought you were a woman with the same reason I thought @Icon were a man.

I think it’s just that men do forums more. Reddit is an American site about everything and it’s mostly men as well. Even the fashion-based foums I go to, the majority of the users are gay or bi guys, there are far fewer women.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: then how was the angry feminist teenager (or youngster) who was complaining about heteropatriarchy some months ago?

Surely, as a transcendent being yourself, you realize it’s possible to support or oppose “archies” of various gender orientations and so on regardless of your own identity, no?

Don’t be silly. Plenty of men complain about heteropatriarchy as well.

Besides I was not angry. Just slightly irritated/annoyed.

As it’s been already pointed out, gender, sex… all that stuff is just social construct, and Mother Nature is a sexist fascist oppressor that haven’t heard yet of the new gender theories.

That’s one way of looking at it.

How can we understand Nature? @discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Im not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine. — Bruce Lee

4 Likes

Come again? What?!

I suspect avatar-related confusion.

Now… who’s the feminist I said before? @Gain or somebody else? I think there’s a young girl, Taiwanese national with at least one foreign parent…

Yes, exactly.

When I read @Rocket’s posts, I imagine a talkative raccoon with no gender assumption. I don’t know there is a difference between looking of male and female raccoons.