Why Some People Leave South Africa

They didn’t have Gulagtanamo back then so they would have had to hold a real trial and prove their case in court – which doesn’t generally go too well if all you have is “feelings” to back your case up with. Fortunately, now that some legal genius has figured out that Cuban soil is the perfect place for an alternate legal system, feelings, hallucinations, torture induced confessions – just about anything that gets the job done – are now admissible in court.

They didn’t have Gulagtanamo back then so they would have had to hold a real trial and prove their case in court – which doesn’t generally go too well if all you have is “feelings” to back your case up with. Fortunately, now that some legal genius has figured out that Cuban soil was the perfect place for an alternate legal system, feelings, hallucinations, torture induced confessions – just about anything that gets the job done – are now admissible in court.[/quote]
I edited my post to add some more info. I am completely with you except that feelings can never make 2 + 2 = 5. Then again I am pretty certain we both know what I mean and I know what you mean.

Actually another question for El Toro. How did Mandela sign off on the Church Street Bombing in 1983 if he was in prison? Just wandering. Sure you would have an answer.

maybe he was wandering:)

Now you’re making fun of non-native speakers, but I still like you. I just recently found out from my teacher, who’s a South African, that Battery 9 was a South African band. He played me some of the stuff, but it will take some getting used to. Strange stuff. I think he said he likes “Kiss the Machine”

Folks, due to a certain post that now resides in flames, El Toro will not be able to defend his beliefs. Please do not mock, insult or challenge someone who is no longer able to post on this forum.

Now you’re making fun of non-native speakers, but I still like you. I just recently found out from my teacher, who’s a South African, that Battery 9 was a South African band. He played me some of the stuff, but it will take some getting used to. Strange stuff. I think he said he likes “Kiss the Machine”[/quote]

Sorry, I just thought it was a cute mistake. Like, Mandela was in jail, but if he was out ‘wandering’ that night, maybe he did sign it!

I’m a non-native speaker myself.

Tease! Can you tell us a bit more about the ‘certain post’. :smiley:

I hope it wasn’t anything I said. Heh, heh, heh . . . .

Is he put away in the freezer for a coupla weeks or is he canned like a sardine? Which i think would be extreme.

Why can’t he post? Did you break his keyboard? Block his IP address?

[quote=“asian boy”]
Why can’t he post? Did you break his keyboard? Block his IP address?[/quote]

Typically a post gets sent to flame and that’s the end of it, sometimes they get comments as was the case this time, and in this case a ban was proposed. I believe a ban blocks the IP, and the account if posting from another IP.

So, whats the right thing to do? Allow people to keep posting and challenging his ideas when he can no longer defend himself? Bring up why he was banned, again when he can’t defend his post? So, my opinion was let people know he could no longer respond but keep the details in the mod forum.

Why the hell not? :unamused:

Typically a post gets sent to flame and that’s the end of it, sometimes they get comments as was the case this time, and in this case a ban was proposed. I believe a ban blocks the IP, and the account if posting from another IP.

So, whats the right thing to do? Allow people to keep posting and challenging his ideas when he can no longer defend himself? Bring up why he was banned, again when he can’t defend his post? So, my opinion was let people know he could no longer respond but keep the details in the mod forum.[/quote]

I’d like to see what he wrote so I can have my own opinion on why he was banned. There are many nasty things written on this site where removal of the post and a banning would be appropriate. You have posterswho write “all Taiwanese are tax cheats” Should they be banned suspended or just have the post deleted? We talk about other people who are in jail and they cannot reply, let alone that maybe they don’t post on here in the first place IE The shooter in the cinema. So why should we not discuss anyone banned or not?

[quote=“asian boy”]

I’d like to see what he wrote so I can have my own opinion on why he was banned. There are many nasty things written on this site where removal of the post and a banning would be appropriate. You have posterswho write “all Taiwanese are tax cheats” Should they be banned suspended or just have the post deleted? We talk about other people who are in jail and they cannot reply, let alone that maybe they don’t post on here in the first place IE The shooter in the cinema. So why should we not discuss anyone banned or not?[/quote]

Exactly. It would be nice to know what he wrote because on too many occasions people have been banned/suspended for holding contrarian viewpoints that offend politically correct moderators.

A lot of people on here have called Taiwanese backward and superstitious and insulted local customs:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ney#p28711

So Bigjohn did you leave South Africa too? What about you chewdawg?

El Toro might be one of the saffie posters I mentioned earlier who moved here but like to have the pretense that as a white person Asians blacks & people of a nine white color should look up to them and living here gives them some false pretense that Taiwanese do that.

[quote=“asian boy”]So Bigjohn did you leave South Africa too? What about you chewdawg?

[/quote]

No I am one step higher on the food chain, but not much. I’m Canadian/British. :laughing:

AT the end of the day, it seems all we have gathered is that:

1. some leave SA because they WANT to

2. some leave SA because they HAD to

3. some leave SA because they CAN

I thought the Terror Watch List was a post-9/11 thing. 1990 was even before the 1993 WTC bombing.

[quote=“ChewDawg”][quote=“Asian boy”]So Bigjohn did you leave South Africa too? What about you chewdawg?

[/quote]

No I am one step higher on the food chain, but not much. I’m Canadian/British. :laughing:[/quote]
Pffffftbwahahahahaha!

Oh. Ok. You were being semi-serious.