Why was the Al Gore divorce thread temped?

Curious, the Al Gore Divorce thread was moved to Temp. It’s a big story in terms of press coverage and definitely political in nature given the marriage was highlighted in the media so many times during political campains as being so strong.

On the other hand, why does the Sarah Ferguson thread stay in IP (one could say it’s even lighter in some respects and hardly unexpected given her colorful background) when one could say that royal dramas, if anything, are arts and entertainment for all of us? :laughing:

For the Gore divorce, no one expected it, he’s the former VP, and there could be scandal involved (even friends are saying that buying an 8.8 million dollar home before divorcing is strange). Definitely IP.

Just my :2cents:

The Gore’s divorce is a private matter of public interest to some; apparent political significance next to nil, despite Al’s role as Powerpoint pitchman.

The sale of access to the British royals has more obvious political implications given that the family in question is part of a very public institution. Not as salacious, perhaps, but certainly more politically significant than the marital status of a retired pol.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Curious, the Al Gore Divorce thread was moved to Temp. It’s a big story in terms of press coverage and definitely political in nature given the marriage was highlighted in the media so many times during political campains as being so strong.
On the other hand, why does the Sarah Ferguson thread stay in IP (one could say it’s even lighter in some respects and hardly unexpected given her colorful background) when one could say that royal dramas, if anything, are arts and entertainment for all of us? :laughing:
For the Gore divorce, no one expected it, he’s the former VP, and there could be scandal involved (even friends are saying that buying an 8.8 million dollar home before divorcing is strange). Definitely IP.
Just my :2cents:[/quote]
There does seem to have a bit of capricious whimsy involved in that move. However, given the concise reasoning behind such a removal from view… [quote]The Gore’s divorce is a private matter of public interest to some; apparent political significance next to nil, despite Al’s role as Powerpoint pitchman.[/quote] one couldn’t possibly fail to understand the logic.

Algores role as the new enviro-messiah and public face point-man for the current farce du jour pails beside the invaluable story of yet another UK palace melodrama unfolding before our peasant eyes. Its not like this happens often in British history…is it?

The removal was quite logical when viewed from that perspective Chewey.

(Now help me set my chair back in the upright position and twist my neck back into normal alignment)