Wikipedia Charts, Tables, Graphs, etc. [creation?]

In browsing numerous pages on Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page I frequently see a large variety of CHARTS, TABLES, GRAPHS, etc.

Sometimes when I want to make additions/corrections to various pages, I would also like to include CHARTS and/or TABLES.

Is there a tutorial or other explanatory information regarding how to do the “coding” for these in Wiki?

I went through the [color=#4040BF]Wikipedia:Tutorial[/color] but I didn’t see any discussion about CHARTS and TABLES. I looked at the coding in some pages with CHARTS etc. and it seems fairly complicated …

Any advice would be appreciated.

(I am currently planning to create a two column table. The top line (or “title”) of the first column will be ITEM and the top line of the second column will be DISCUSSION )

[quote=“Hartzell”]In browsing numerous pages on Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page I frequently see a large variety of CHARTS, TABLES, GRAPHS, etc.

Sometimes when I want to make additions/corrections to various pages, I would also like to include CHARTS and/or TABLES.

Is there a tutorial or other explanatory information regarding how to do the “coding” for these in Wiki?

I went through the [color=#4040BF]Wikipedia:Tutorial[/color] but I didn’t see any discussion about CHARTS and TABLES. I looked at the coding in some pages with CHARTS etc. and it seems fairly complicated …

Any advice would be appreciated.

(I am currently planning to create a two column table. The top line (or “title”) of the first column will be ITEM and the top line of the second column will be DISCUSSION )[/quote]Here’s the help page on tables.

Are you sure that a table’s the best way to present your information, though? It sounds as though you’d do better by doing standard sections or subsections, with your “Items” as the headings. That way they’d also show up in the table of contents at the top of the article.