Wild Boars are they protected?

“Insulting” to who?[/quote]
Just a wild guess here: the Aborigines?[/quote]

typical left wing, PC, commie, pinko, liberal arts educated thinking. :stuck_out_tongue: :neutral::smiley:

Although no abos (err aborigines) are on this forum except for sat tV and im surprised he hasnt chimed in yet. At least bout giving TW id to the imported southeast asian clouded leopards? :smiley:

[quote=“sandman”]BLOODY colonials! Damnation! Where’s my damn punkah wallah? I’m feeling hot and bothered now. :fume:

Huzzah!

[/quote]
pfft, you’re just a typical soft Englishman. This is what they use in NZ:

I notice the term ‘abo’ is thrown around quite ignorantly or innocently by American friends, even lefty-pinko, do-gooder, liberal democrat ones, but to Aussies it really grates. If I called my Amis wife an abo, I’m sure she’d slap me in the face and she ain’t even Australian.

Using the term ‘abo’ is an effect of your dumb, innocent Americaness, but saying ‘indigenous people of Taiwan have no special rights, they are ROC citizens’ is due to your Chineseness. Maybe you’d prefer to be ruled by the PRC, who state:

See the denial? There are no Uyghurs, Tibetans, Amis, Atayal, etc. Everyone in China is Han Chinese.

When the PRC get Taiwan, you will have your way Tommy. No one will have special rights, even you.

By the way, the aboriginal Australians in my area referred to the Chinese as ‘long pig’ coz they reckon they tasted much better than whitefellas due to the fact they were grain-fed, so you should be happy Taiwan aborigines prefer the meat of those pesky little boars, which by the way, are often kept and bred in captivity.

They need a new word. Aborigine is too long winded. Lets call em AB for our purposes then. And eventually in a brave new world we will be eating humans because we will have depleted all other large animals cept for maybe cats and dogs.

TAiwanese green indians (Taiwanese used to refer to their ABs as green indians and American Indians as red indians) should have no special rights and neither should the American indians. They are often fat cats now because of gaming rights . Taiwanese indians dont have gaming rights but they shouldnt be allowed to hunt indescriminatingly.

Stop all hunting. We cant afford hunting anymore. Im not convinced the hills are full of wild boar. If they truly are, then maybe special culling teams can be sent in to control the population, but Im not convinced they are all over the place to warrant that action. Somebody give me hard facts !

You got nice abs.

Come on, tommy, it’s just a couple, or a thousand wild pigs. Fei shu are just flying rats. It’s a bit hypocritical to eat factory farmed chickens and feedlot raised cattle and try to deny indigenous people the right to hunt and butcher their own meat. Neither the boar or the flying rat are endangered. They both breed like rabbits.

I dont agree AB need special rights. They should be treated as equals. Equality works both ways.

They should not be singled out for discrimination and neither for special privileges.

certain cultural practices need to be preserved or we risk losing the whole culture. However, extending the right to practice hunting, for example, to non-culture members risks dramatic overhunting due to the overwhelming numbers of non-Aboriginal people in Taiwan today, so there is also a need to keep hunting restricted to those who traditionally did it. However, i would suggest that they also be encouraged to only go hunting using their traditional weapons: bows or spears. MInd you, fortigurn will be along soon to tell me that rifles have as much of a place in their culture as bow and arrows do.

Same goes for whaling: allow traditional hunters to hunt whales, but only in their original fur and bamboo boats and wielding traditional harpoons, rather than steel ships using explosive headed missiles in the Antarctic ten thousand miles from their traditional hunting grounds.

some species can not afford to be hunted by anyone, some aspects of lost cultures should remain “lost”